Menu
steve236
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to speak to a human

I am trying to contact VM on 789 but there are no options that allow you to speak to a human being - even if you are thinking of leaving - which I wasn't but after failing to get hold of anyone I might now do. Every option seems to take me to "press 1 and we'll text you a link", which just sends you to a web page. I don't want online help - it's not helping - which is why I want to speak to a human being!

Basically, I need to upgrade my plan immediately - not on the renewal date.

I'm very frustrated with wth Virgin's poor customer service that appears to do everything possible to avoid having to speak to their customers.

martynco
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to speak to a human

I feel your pain I had exactly the same today my contract has run out so I am rolling an old contract month on month but I wanted to upgrade to the 13 pounds 36 GB SIM-only contract. But I can not get to select it on the web site for changing my contract and it is not an option on the phone bot. I will look to see what other providers offer tonight so it may mean switching which I didn't want to do but at the moment it seems the only option to upgrade. 

I also don't understand why a comms company cannot set up their staff to work from home, as I have been doing since March. Of all the companies that have a reason to struggle with setting this up I would have thought a company selling communications should be far down the list.

Drew1971
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to speak to a human

I'm exactly the same, but I'm trying to resolve issues before I'm even using their service. I have 3 or 4 questions and I've been on the chat system for 4 or 5 hours with no response, on hold on the phone before being disconnected. I have another 7 days in which I can cancel my order, and I'm severely tempted.