Menu
Stuckwithphone
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to return unwanted phone

Hi

I cancelled an order for an iPhone 12 within hours of placing the order, I was informed I would have to wait for delivery of the device and then use the returns process. That got me worried as it seemed far simpler for the delivery to be refused and avoid all the possible complications... I was right to be worried!

So here we are nearly 3 weeks on and despite multiple phone calls and promises of returns packages and emails with returns labels, guess how many I have received? Yes, you're right, zero!

My last call to CS seemed as polite and as helpful as ever, but the obviously flawed returns process seems to be the only option, so I have very little confidence this will actually acheive anything.

Please can someone simply arrange for either a returns label to be emailed or a postal return package to be sent to me?

I find it difficult to belive that a new phone can be deliverd in 24 hours but a returns label or email takes nearly a month.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to return unwanted phone

Good afternoon @Stuckwithphone

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the mobile phone.

I can take a look over this for you no problem.

Do you have have all the information you sighed up with? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Stuckwithphone
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_M

Yes I have the info.

Customer Services are trying to escalate, but they want 5 working days to investigate - all a bit ironic as the first returns package was only suppose dot take 2 -3 working days.

So to be honest I really don't expect any progress through that channel

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem at all. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can assist you further with this.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Stuckwithphone
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is flagged as 'Answered' - Not true...

Still waiting for mythical email or jiffy bag, no change except we are another week on.

Simply unbelievable...

This can't be this difficult, unless there is a policy not to assist customers and the 'simple' 14 day cancellation offer is just a sales bluff.

Come on Virgin Mobile - get this sorted!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Stuckwithphone 

Sorry for the delay, there was an issues with the last package that we tried to send out but because it wasn't completed I had to reach out to the IT team to cancel the work order.  This has now been completed and the new packaging is on its way out to you.

Providing that everything is okay with the phone the handset contract will be wound down and the sim candled, anything you have already paid will be returned.

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Stuckwithphone
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Zak_M

Please DO NOT CANCEL my SIM, it has been retained on a SIM only deal and is a vital emergency contact number!

All I ever needed was for the unwanted device to be collected/returned (idealy within the 3 days promised).

Please PM me to confirm this has been understood

0 Kudos
Stuckwithphone
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well eventually the return package did arrive, not quite a jiffy bag, more a plastic bag and stickers, but if that is deemed appropriate by Virgin Mobile, then that will do for me...

Device returned and confirmed at the Virgin Mobile depot, all billing seems to be staright now - a pleasant surprise.

One word of advice for anyone who does return a device under the 14 day grace period. Do not assume that the courier will collect from your door, you need to take the device to a DPD drop off location. Fine if you live in a urban area where they are plentiful, but for rural locations it's a bit of a pain. My nearest that was open at a convenient time was about 8 miles away.

My take on this experience, don't assume the returns process is an easy fix - take a bit more time to decide what is right for you and don't be fooled into thinking there is an easy way out if you need to change your mind. In my experience it was a right pain.

Thanks to Zak_M for finally resolving the issue, but it's a plastic bag in the post! How hard can it be?

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Stuckwithphone.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with the returns packaging.

I am glad to see that you have now got this all resolved and sorted.

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos