Menu
LawrenceT
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to Register with Virgin

Having bought a Virgin SIM Only card, I found I could not register because the webpage asks for an answer to a security question that I have never been asked to set up. I understand from prior posts including one dating back to 14.10.19 that this is a common problem, particularly with cards from Carphone Warehouse. Virgin appear to have done nothing to rectify this problem despite having known about it since that date at least.

I had to spend 25 minutes on hold to set up a security question on the 'phone and then spoke to an operator who wanted to gloss over the issue, then blamed Carphone Warehouse and kept talking over me (I had to say to the operator that "surely Virgin would appreciate feedback to improve its services" before she would listen to me properly).

In the end, I asked her to hold on the 'phone until the security answer was accepted on my screen before ending the call. I then tried to enter the security details on the next page and "shock" I could still not register as it stated there was an issue with my password despite green ticks next to the appropriate boxes.

I must say as a new customer, this is an absolutely appalling introduction to this company's services.

I really cannot face another lengthy 'phone call to speak to someone that has no conception of decent customer service. Anyone know any solution to the password issue?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to Register with Virgin

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you had issues setting up an online account due to the sim coming via a 3rd party company.

In order to set up a memorable word so you are able to set up your online account access to our systems is need which isn't something 3rd party companies have access to, this is something we are aware of and we are looking into this.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Barry_M
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It seems that the problem of SIMs supplied by CarPhoneWarehouse always have a problem when attempting to register into a new account

What sort of company can allow this problem to go unresolved for so long it's pathetic

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Barry_M 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Is there anything that we are able to assist you with today? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Barry_M
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zac

After trying without success to register into my Virgin Mobile account I contacted the telephone support team

I spoke yesterday to Brian who was very helpful and explained the reason I was not able to register was because my SIM card was supplied by CarPhoneWarehouse as such a 3rd party who do not have access to register account details, which is understandable

He took my details and set up my password and today I was able to register into my account and have now successfully initiated my number transfer process, so all is well and things are proceeding accordingly

Many thanks Barry

Tags (1)
0 Kudos