Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Important: your new SIM is here. Phone restricted message

My aunt has received a replacement SIM for her virgin mobile. But doesn't know how tho change it  enter the nephew...

New SIM inserted, phone turned on, PHONE RESTRICTED message. "Enter restriction code".

Both 7890 and the 8-digit code on the SIM give CODE ERROR. No other codes on the "Important: your new SIM is here" letter. Helpful...

She's 70+, self isolating, doesn't have email, etc... and is panicking we won't be able tho resolve this in the 30-day deadline. 

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Important: your new SIM is here. Phone restricted message

Bad news seems her old phone is Network Locked to EE (Old SIM cards were EE based)

Good news, although the old SIM cards will eventually turn off, it is a little way down the line and a warning will be given.

The SIM they sent her will expire in 30 days but the old one will work for a while yet.

As the phone is network locked, neither of those numbers will work. You need an unlocking code. If the phone was bought on Virgin they should be able to supply it to you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Important: your new SIM is here. Phone restricted message

Cheers enlli. It doesn't help it's a Stone Age steam-powered phone.

Anyway, I've submitted the request for an unlock code. What could possibly go wrong with that?

0 Kudos