Menu
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 81 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

The only contract option on offer now is 12 months. They have effectively scrapped 30 day sims now
teabag
Superstar
Message 82 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:
The only contract option on offer now is 12 months. They have effectively scrapped 30 day sims now

A sim-only is 12 months only

But a Freestyle handset and SIM is still 30 day SIM's, just do not know if the people with the handsets are staying on 30 days with the new £13 SIM offered?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 83 of 94
Flag for a moderator

No idea but some have said they have been told no more 30 days at a time. Sounds like an overly complicated system to me 

0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 84 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Contracts with handsets attached are still supposed to be 30 day contracts even after the change as otherwise its illegal - you "could" end up being tied into a longer contract than you signed up for otherwise!

Imagine if you had 5 monthly payments left on your handset and Virgin said you now have a 12 month contract SIM at a price they set which if you had know at the start you wouldn`t have signed up to.

I would suggest anyone that tells to ring 789 is laughing while they type (copy & paste) as they know they might as well be telling you to ask SKY ( neither have an answer)

CISAS case is progressing nicely for me

fabes
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 94
Flag for a moderator

The replacement deal I secured via 789 retentions is a 30 day rolling sim (we have 6 months left on the associated handset contract)

£9 for 3GB plus double lifetime data plus adequate mins and texts

So 30 days IS alive and kicking for one customer who still has a handset contract. 

teabag
Superstar
Message 86 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@fabes wrote:

The replacement deal I secured via 789 retentions is a 30 day rolling sim (we have 6 months left on the associated handset contract)

£9 for 3GB plus double lifetime data plus adequate mins and texts

So 30 days IS alive and kicking for one customer who still has a handset contract. 

Glad you got sorted 🙂

I'm just still shocked the way Virgin did this, only offering full price £13 SIM.

Would have been so better for the ones with handsets, sorry we're discontinuing the £4 SIM your on.......... - but these are the current handset SIM offers we would like you to choose from:-

Handset airtime offers

5GB for £9 SIM Only plan: Boosted from 3GB. Increased allowance continues as long as you remain on the same plan. Offer ends 02/04/2019. Terms and conditions apply.

20GB for £12 SIM Only plan: Boosted from 5GB. Increased allowance continues as long as you remain on the same plan. Offer ends 02/04/2019. Terms and conditions apply.

100GB for £15 SIM Only plan: Increased allowance continues as long as you remain on the same plan. Offer ends 02/04/2019. Terms and conditions apply. Offer ends 02/04/2019. Terms and conditions apply.

0 Kudos
Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 87 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

I'm just still shocked the way Virgin did this, only offering full price £13 SIM.

So am I. TBH had it gone up a couple of quid, i wouldn't have been bothered. I think there will b a lot more angry people come April, when they realize they never read the email properly and are now paying through the nose. Imagine thinking people would be happy with a 225% increase!

teabag
Superstar
Message 88 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Ewan1 wrote:

@teabag wrote:

So am I. TBH had it gone up a couple of quid, i wouldn't have been bothered. I think there will b a lot more angry people come April, when they realize they never read the email properly and are now paying through the nose. Imagine thinking people would be happy with a 225% increase!

There will be come April, the last rounds of this - so many said they never received notification.  Which also makes you think, is sending just a email, really good enough for breaking a contract and starting a new one at such a higher price?.

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 89 of 94
Flag for a moderator

It used to be good old snail mail - and now it's unreliable e-mail. You are right.
0 Kudos
Talon
On our wavelength
Message 90 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Like you I also got the email about call plan being changed. We also had double data for life as an add on so I thought it wasn't to bad a plan taking the double data into account. I've just been going through all 4 off my mobile accounts on line and have discovered that the double data add on had been removed therefore making the new call plan far too expensive. 789 are saying the double data was part of the a promo attached to the original plan but i am disputing this as it was a free of charge add on valid until 2099. Anyway I've logged a complaint so will see what they have to say. fingers crossed but not expecting too much.

0 Kudos