Menu
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 71 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

Please call 789 to have some of your time wasted being told that "we really care" but we don`t actually give a flying wotsit as we think we can ride this out again....and then wonder why we are losing customers ( sadly the BB/TV department don`t know why so many people are leaving but soon will )
Praeceps
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 94
Flag for a moderator

When did you lot get your emails about this? Was it with your bill? I've received my bill through email today but nothing else yet.

del3165
On our wavelength
Message 73 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Email arrived 21st February.

Your mobile plan will be changing from your April bill date
Dear Mr

We’re writing to let you know that we’re updating our mobile plans and, from your April bill date, the plan you’re currently on will no longer be available. Don’t worry, we’ll be moving you to a new plan from April. This will cost £13.00 a month, and includes 5GB data, 2500 mins and unlimited texts.
0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 74 of 94
Flag for a moderator

20th Feb for me

For a process which is badged as getting rid of some contracts, its fishy that some are being allowed to stay on them.
0 Kudos
Sandejo99
Tuning in
Message 75 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.  When you describe what you have done to a quarter of a million customers as 'limited' and 'some customers ' is an insult to our intelligence. Ive taken your advice tho, contacted 789 four times to cancel every VM phone in the family. As you still today market and advertise your phones/sims as one price, I've also reported Virgin to the Advertising Standards Authority 

Sandejo99
Tuning in
Message 76 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.  When you describe what you have done to a quarter of a million customers as 'limited' and 'some customers ' is an insult to our intelligence. Ive taken your advice tho, contacted 789 four times to cancel every VM phone in the family. As you still today market and advertise your phones/sims as one price, I've also reported Virgin to the Advertising Standards Authority for misleading customers.

Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 77 of 94
Flag for a moderator

So 17 minutes on the phone to retention's and im gone. The woman on the phone was persistent, but I stuck to the "I am giving you 30 days notice that I am cancelling my contract as you have replaced my contract with a different one, and increased the price by 225%, which is higher than the RPI of 1.8%" She tried to say I couldn't cancel as my Phone account is also with Virgin. I explained I would still continue to pay for my Phone for the full duration. She did try to offer me a different contract but again I told her I was not interested and "I am giving you 30 days notice that I am cancelling my contract as you have replaced my contract with a different one, and increased the price by 225%, which is far higher than the RPI of 1.8%".

I think she'd figured out she wasn't going to win this one and quite quickly offered my my PAC code, in fact a text with my PAC was through before shes'd finished reeling it off to me. Interesting that although I gave her my 30 days she told me my account will be closed once I give another supplier my PAC code. Maybe someone from the Virgin Admin team could confirm this is the case?

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 78 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Well, once they do the port which is the next working day then yes your account will close. The 30 days is just the window the systems give in order to make the transfer - if you don't use it within 30 days the code is invalid

Come to the other side mate, lots of goodness and customer love here 🙂
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 79 of 94
Flag for a moderator

BUT WAIT!!!

After sending out all these e-mails telling people they will go from £4- £13 they are now doing a flash sale where the same contract is £9!

Has someone had their arse kicked or the realisation of how many customers will walk or are they trying to save said arse? Or do they really not have a clue about anything anymore?

teabag
Superstar
Message 80 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:

BUT WAIT!!!

After sending out all these e-mails telling people they will go from £4- £13 they are now doing a flash sale where the same contract is £9!

Has someone had their arse kicked or the realisation of how many customers will walk or are they trying to save said arse? Or do they really not have a clue about anything anymore?

I think we would need to know/someone to answer if the £13 SIM being offered is staying on a 30 day contract or not?. Maybe you could forgive Virgin a bit if they are 30 day contracts and not 12 months like the deal is.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos