Menu
Olly1109
Tuning in
Message 31 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

It could be worse.

I got the email about moving from £4 to £13 at work, which infuriated me.

I then returned home to no broadband or tv services. That went off on Thursday at 10am. Now it's Saturday and it's 10am. Virgin's site say there are no issues, however when I ring the broadband team the robot tells me it will be off for a total of 7 days! 7 DAYS!

I now have to tether my 4g connection on my phone which won't last long until I have to buy a gig for £10!

0 Kudos
noahsdad
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 

If you actually bothered to read the actual complaint you'd know that nobody is complaining about not being able to get through. Each time i have rang, i've been connected within minutes. The problem is what happens next, 3 times i've spent btwn 35-45 mins being passed around, lied to, given incorrect information and "accidentally" hung up on. Each time I have pressed 5 to go through to cancellations and told i want to cancel due to the price increase, only to be told after HALF AN HOUR of them hard selling a £13 down to £12 offer I don't want, that you're not actually speaking to the cancellations department and they'll try and put you through only for them not to be available and to call another day. THREE TIMES.

That's either deliberate or due to incompetency of the call centre not having the correct info on processes to be able to deal with the issue. Either way, it leaves the customer in the same position. You can only cancel by going through 789 and 789 won't let you cancel.

I know they are legally able to make these changes, that's fine. I'm ok with that because I am legally able to decline,so it's all good. What's not good is them doing everything possible to stop me.

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 33 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Well I have not had to deal with them today - and now I totally agree with you. I am GLAD it was my first and last communication with them. I'd be leaving anyway after today's performance

Sandejo99
Tuning in
Message 34 of 94
Flag for a moderator

The price change represents a commercial trick by Virgin and effectively makes one contract into two.  When you take up a contract that is advertised and marketed as £22 per month for 36 months. It should be made clear it was £18 for phone and £4 for the sim/calls. The package was good value overall. However. Increase the £4 to £13, leaves you to pay what is an inflated price for the phone. Effectively It's a scam to get you to think you get a good deal overall, but then forced to pay £100s more for the phone than I would have elsewhere. Classic misselling.

For me the deal was marketed together, sold together and we should have the right to cancel together.

del3165
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Another one bites the dust. That’s another connection virgin has lost. Just transferred my PAC code to a new provider. Well done virgin media price increase of 150 percent and you thought I would just take it.

fabes
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 94
Flag for a moderator

What is disappointing is that the handset loan I have on my daughters SE doesn't end until July

But I have to either pay that all up now (£100+/-) or commit her to another, 12 months via a Sim Only deal (flash sale £9 sim)

The VM team are either a bunch of amateurs and didn't forsee customers being stuck in this situation or just don't care. Such a lack of planning to acknowledge that the two seperate contracts were an associated purchase and my scenario could be resolved by linking the loan expiry to any change beyond RPI. Its not rocket science guys and gals. ... 

Am mulling over what I do (but am disappointed in the amateurish project that would not pass go at my place of work) 

Disappointing VM, really not good.. .. 

Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Sandejo99 wrote:

The price change represents a commercial trick by Virgin and effectively makes one contract into two.  When you take up a contract that is advertised and marketed as £22 per month for 36 months. It should be made clear it was £18 for phone and £4 for the sim/calls. The package was good value overall. However. Increase the £4 to £13, leaves you to pay what is an inflated price for the phone. Effectively It's a scam to get you to think you get a good deal overall, but then forced to pay £100s more for the phone than I would have elsewhere. Classic misselling.

For me the deal was marketed together, sold together and we should have the right to cancel together.

TBH I was always aware I had two contracts, One for the price plan, and one of the Phone. Its the second time Ive done it this way with virgin and been happy up until 4 days ago. 

I actually think this is one for BBC's Watchdog program. Any other company hiking prices by 225% would get a right roasting there. I wonder who many people just ignored the Email and wont even realize this price rise is happening. 

Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@noahsdad wrote:

@happywithmy350 

If you actually bothered to read the actual complaint you'd know that nobody is complaining about not being able to get through. Each time i have rang, i've been connected within minutes. The problem is what happens next, 3 times i've spent btwn 35-45 mins being passed around, lied to, given incorrect information and "accidentally" hung up on. Each time I have pressed 5 to go through to cancellations and told i want to cancel due to the price increase, only to be told after HALF AN HOUR of them hard selling a £13 down to £12 offer I don't want, that you're not actually speaking to the cancellations department and they'll try and put you through only for them not to be available and to call another day. THREE TIMES.

That's either deliberate or due to incompetency of the call centre not having the correct info on processes to be able to deal with the issue. Either way, it leaves the customer in the same position. You can only cancel by going through 789 and 789 won't let you cancel.

I know they are legally able to make these changes, that's fine. I'm ok with that because I am legally able to decline,so it's all good. What's not good is them doing everything possible to stop me.

I think its quite simple. Phone them, remind them that all their calls are recorded, tell them that as they have have increased the price by more than the 1.8% RPI and you are giving them 30 days notice that you are cancelling your SIM account. You will be cancelling your direct Debt as of the 31st of March. They already provide you with your PUK on you online account and you will be moving to another supplier and will continue to pay for your Phone fully. 

sbsj2
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 94
Flag for a moderator

I closed my Direct Debit in January. It has taken since then till this week to finally cancel ! Account was suspended with a flag on that meant they would not take payments from me and continually said the flag would be taken off in 24 to 72 hours then they would ring me back..which never happened. It took a mass attack by phone email twitter etc to get finally sorted out. Soory but the 789 front line team are pretty hopeless as they always have to refer back to accounts,back office and various other people with hang ups regularly and repetitive requests for all your security details at each stage.. It should not be this difficult.

fabes
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Well that was painful......

After half an hour ( and a cut off) from 789, where the response ranged from I had to pay off the handset as well should I want to stop the line rental through to I would need to take a new number to take advantage of the flash sale SIM (my fall back purchase) all of which were either wrong or within VMs gift to flex a little to soften the blow, I got an acceptable deal.

Retained 30 day SIM only (so that we can look at a new handset deal in July,) 3GB (doubled up to 6GB lifetime) plus 1,500 mins for £9 via the off shore retentions team.

Yes I am not happy with the whole debarcle and I am £5 a month worse off, but with the other 3 family mobiles on VM I really didn't want to move (and tbh it's still a competitive SIM only deal). But life is too short to spend on the phone waiting for 789

0 Kudos