Menu
Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 94
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

@Lucy_B wrote:

This means you have three options moving forward;

1.    Cancel the airtime tariff without charge (until 31st March) and pay off the settlement figure for the handset
2.    Cancel the airtime tariff without charge (until 31st March) and continue paying monthly for the handset
3.    Accept the new price point as communicated, and no further actions required

So no option 4 of taking a lowered priced plan then? A 225% hike in contract costs  for no other reason than my price plan no longer exists and you've stuck an extra 1000 minutes that I don't need. Deary me what a set up. 

I wonder what deal Sky could give me moving my Internet, TV, landline and mobile phones all to them. Hmm.

Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 94
Flag for a moderator

On a separate note and as it looks like im going to have to continue paying for my phone, as that contract doesnt stop until the last payment in August, what other networks will it work on, or is it locked to virgin? S8 edge btw. 

0 Kudos
noahsdad
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 94
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for confirming this. The problem is, I KNOW THIS, YOUR CUSTOMERS KNOW THIS, YOUR PAPERWORK STATES THIS, YOU KNOW THIS but the only people who can facilitate this is the 789 team and they don't know this (and won't listen). I've struggled to get them to understand the concept of a freestyle tarrif again today. It's bad enough as it is but as you can only get things done through 789 and they won't do it, it looks like deliberate obstruction. I'll call again, record the conversation and if I still get nowhere, i'll have no choice but to simply cancel my direct debit. I'll see you in court. This is ridiculous. Please get somebody to sort out your 789 staff. They can obviously only operate on the current script/information in front of them and it's not correct. It shouldn't be this hard.
noahsdad
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 94
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Third time on the phone with 789. 35 mins in, they've only just agreed to transfer me to the cancellations team after trying to get me to stay on a £12 contract for way less then I have now. I've been put on hold repeatedly, told i have to pay off my handset, put on hold again, then told i can keep paying it off as normal, then put on hold again, then offered the same deal, then put on hold, then eventually told they'll put me through to cancellations and retentions, then put on hold, now they've just taken me off hold to tell me there's a 20-40 min wait and i should call back another day and hund up on.

I AM FURIOUS NOW. This is the third time I've had to call and been messed about. It's obviously deliberate obstruction and therefore a conspiracy to commit fraud. Can somebody give me the name of somebody to contact at a high level complaints level?

Since I have tried over and over to cancel using 789 and this is the only option (and it's not working/fit for purpose) please now take this as official 30 days notice to quit. I will cancel my direct debit after next payment to ensure you have 30 days notice payment in lieu. There is really nothing else I can do at this point Virgin as the breakdown is at your end.

I have also needlessly and avoidably spent 3 hours pursuing this matter. As it could have been foresseeably avoided by yourselves by following your own guidelines and rules, I will now be charging you for those THREE hours at my hourly rate of £15 an hour. Please advise of who I need to send my invoice to.

I just want to cancel my tarrif as I am legally allowed to do. How can this be so hard?

Please ensure that somebody calls me shortly about this.

Regards,

A Waldron

Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 94
Flag for a moderator

I will be calling on Monday morning, trying to avoid peak periods. Its hard to believe Virgin are treating people this way. Im pretty sure the momnet the Direct Debit is returned to them they will be quick enough to contact you, thats a given. 

noahsdad
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 94
Flag for a moderator

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the ONLY way to actually make contact with somebody.
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 27 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Ewan1 wrote:

I will be calling on Monday morning, trying to avoid peak periods. Its hard to believe Virgin are treating people this way. Im pretty sure the momnet the Direct Debit is returned to them they will be quick enough to contact you, thats a given. 

Yes - and quick enough to blacken your credit file also, which you can't argue as you would have missed a payment - so calm down and don't think so hot headed. Just call them and see what happens? 

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 28 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@noahsdad wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's going to be the ONLY way to actually make contact with somebody.

I just range 789 and got through in 4 minutes - so what's the rumpus?  Took longer to get through the menu than it did to get through to a human 

0 Kudos
Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Here your right, can only gauge these things on how it pans out. Only time will tell, but as there deosnt appear to be an option 4 cancellation will be the only option, which they don't appear to very open to judging by the post above. 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 30 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@happywithmy350 wrote:

@noahsdad wrote:

I just range 789 and got through in 4 minutes - so what's the rumpus?  Took longer to get through the menu than it did to get through to a human 

Don't think anyone has a problem with how quick your answered ringing 789, it's the time spent trying to get what you want done when thay do not understand/know how to do it, then keep passing you onto another person - time to start allover again...........😂

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos