Menu
Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

@Kippies Im Phone and SIM.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 12 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Why is it immoral? It's a business decision - so it's Moral and Legal in my eyes - and you have a chance to get out.
0 Kudos
Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 94
Flag for a moderator

If you filled up your car with £40  worth of fuel but when you got to the cash desk and your told your actually due them £90 due to a "business decision" you wouldn't class that as Immoral? But yes you are correct I now know I can get out. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam 

Can someone get a look at this? Seems to be some misinformation coming from Virgin Mobile, admittedly freestyle+sim is more complex than a bog standard contract, but there should be consistency between the TOS and what people are being told....

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

@Kippies

It needs escalating anyway, a good 4 maybe 5 already posted today about being refused.

Most of them also have a Freestyle loan, which CS are saying that is why they can not leave/cancel SIM.  But a SIM with a Freestyle contract is on a 30day contract anyway, so even without this price rise - they could hand in 30 days notice at  anytime for the SIM !!

Done. Thanks for the input Teabag, mobile isn't my forte Smiley Wink

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Message 16 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ewan1 and Noahsdad,

Thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear that there's been some confusion over your right to cancel, when you spoke with our team today. 

I just wanted to clarify this for you; If you are on a freestyle contract, you in effect have two contracts with us. One for the airtime, and one for the handset. The communication you've received allows you to cancel the airtime contract without any cancellation charges up and until 31st March. The contract for your handset is separate and can either be paid off in full from your settlement figure, if you wish to cancel the handset agreement or, you can continue to pay monthly for the handset as a standalone. 

This means you have three options moving forward;

1.    Cancel the airtime tariff without charge (until 31st March) and pay off the settlement figure for the handset
2.    Cancel the airtime tariff without charge (until 31st March) and continue paying monthly for the handset
3.    Accept the new price point as communicated, and no further actions required

If you would like to go ahead with either option 1 or 2 you will need to speak with our cancellations team, this isn't something we can do for you over the forums. They're available on 789 from your Virgin Mobile, or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. 

I hope this has clarified things for you, but if you do have any further questions, or have any further issues when you call please let us know. 

Best wishes

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

teabag
Superstar
Message 17 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Lucy_B

Thanks for your reply to try and make it clear, even though the way it's worded - it looks to have come from higher up the ranks. ie: the SIM is on 30day contract - so there are no cancellation charges anyway.

But .. and Virgin must really wish I would just go away. lol

To have the date 31st March and no cancellation charges emphasized quite strongly, makes me think the new plans going to be given out will not be on a 30 contract anymore and moved onto a 12 month plan?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 18 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Ewan1 wrote:

If you filled up your car with £40  worth of fuel but when you got to the cash desk and your told your actually due them £90 due to a "business decision" you wouldn't class that as Immoral? But yes you are correct I now know I can get out. 

Personally I can fill my car up and get change from £1.50 - but I see your point. 
0 Kudos
Rippedofffromvi
Just browsing
Message 19 of 94
Flag for a moderator

I received the same email. I took iphone last year in contract under an impression that I will be paying £5 for sim but now the sim has gone up £13. Is it not a rip off or mafia business where you must accept their term. Forced to pay more for sim even if I move out of virgin. 

Can anyone please advise if this has a legal solution?

KR 

#virgintariffchangevictim

Rippedofffromvi
Just browsing
Message 20 of 94
Flag for a moderator

are you one of those who made such decision?
0 Kudos