Menu
Highlighted
Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

At the moment I pay £4 a month for my Virgin Contract. I have just received an email from Virgin to say that from April I will now be paying £13!!!!!!!! Apparently the Plan I have is changing from the 4gb(+1gb lifetime), 1500 minutes and unlimited  texts. The new contract is for 5gb, 2500 minutes and unlimited texts. Now I was aware I could have price changes and indeed it went for £4 a month to £4.13 a month a while ago, so no big deal but £13!!!!!! That is a price hike of 225% if I am not mistaken. This is a joke and is surely Immoral and illegal. Surely I should be able to cancel the contract when faced with this sort of increase in price. 

Anyone know where I stand with this? 

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 94
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

Any time there is a price rise outside the RPI increase, you will have the option to cancel FOC.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

noahsdad
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 94
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The email states at the bottom that you can get out of your contract within 30 days notice but the 789 customer services team are saying no. I'm in the same position. It's breaking UK comsumer laws in numerous places and they are going against Virgin's own stated policy on the email and the website. Infuriating.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 94
Flag for a moderator

CSC are wrong.

Try them again, make sure you state you are giving your notice due to the price increase and get confirmation of end date.

If it doesn't work this time, pop a message back in here Ill get it escalated for you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 94
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ah ok thanks, I never got to the bottom of the email.

0 Kudos
Ewan1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Ah thanks for that, I never got to the bottom of the email to read that. 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 7 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Kippies

It needs escalating anyway, a good 4 maybe 5 already posted today about being refused.

Most of them also have a Freestyle loan, which CS are saying that is why they can not leave/cancel SIM.  But a SIM with a Freestyle contract is on a 30day contract anyway, so even without this price rise - they could hand in 30 days notice at  anytime for the SIM !!

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 94
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@teabag wrote:

@Kippies

It needs escalating anyway, a good 4 maybe 5 already posted today about being refused.

Most of them also have a Freestyle loan, which CS are saying that is why they can not leave/cancel SIM.  But a SIM with a Freestyle contract is on a 30day contract anyway, so even without this price rise - they could hand in 30 days notice at  anytime for the SIM !!

Yup freestyle contracts are 30 day rolling for the SIM side.

Could @Ewan1  and @noahsdad  confirm if the contracts you hold are SIM only or Freestyle?

Use Kudos to say thanks

noahsdad
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Freestyle. Seperate agreements for phone and sim. The freestyle contract was always on 30 day contract anyway so I should be able to cancel in any case.

del3165
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Same Email today I was paying £6 as it went up last year from £4 for same deal as yourself. Price increase of 116% to £13. Just been on phone  and cancelled.Some price increase Virgin Media 🤬🤯🤯