Menu
drovandi12
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

If this is not the webform to send a complaint please can you send me a link?

I contacted Virgin Media on 6.11.18 to change my contract as I had used in excess of data allowances on a couple of occasions and thought it would be more cost effective to upgrade. My upgrade took effect on 18.11.2018 but I was sent a new SIM that was activated on 13.11.18. On 3.12.18 a payment of £100.63 was taken from my account. I contacted Customer Services on 6.12.18 and had an frustrating conversation with someone who told me the charges were correct and related to data usage outside my allowances. I questioned why these would be quite so excessive and why notifications had not been sent to me, as they customarily are?  The person I spoke to was adamant the charges were correct but couldn’t give any technical detail as to where they came from. I ended this conversion angrily, as the injustice of taking £100.63 from someone without giving them any prior warning of the financial repercussions of their alleged actions was not being listened to, but not before asking that a manager call me to discuss this matter.

I am currently on the 5th month of maternity leave and my pay has now dropped to Statutory Maternity Pay. I pay almost everything I get to my husband who manages the household finances while things are so tight. Fortunately I had received a payment of Child Benefit on 3.12.18 that meant there was money available for Virgin but you took almost everything I had to spend on the Children over the coming weeks.

After not receiving a call from a more senior member of staff but feeling slightly calmer, I thought I’d call again to try and understand exactly what had happened The next person I spoke with (again on 6.11.18) advised me that notes had been added to my account and that I was actually going to be refunded £72 as the charges had been put on my account in error. I asked how long the process would take and was informed that this would take a maximum of 14 (?) working days to process, so with Christmas this meant 27.11.2018. At the time my husband suggested that I make an official complaint because of the incredible inconvenience of this error but I was just happy that the money was going to be returned and have little time to do such a things 2 small children.

Although I knew it could take up to 14 days I called again on 21.12.18 for an update and was informed that everything was fine but it was just going to take the maximum time to process. On 27.12.18 I did not receive a payment. I called again on 28.12.18 and was informed that the payment had not been processed. I again demanded to speak with a manager, outraged that this error had still not been rectified and wanted to explain the ongoing detriment this was causing me and my family. I was told that one was not available and they would only tell me exactly the same thing. The person I spoke to could only offer their apologies and a Ref No. C7848815, the first time this was provided throughout the process, and informed me that the original timescales of 14 days would apply again from the date of request (today 28.12.18).

I am hoping that I have avoided changes being applied to my bank account for using an unarranged overdraft but only because I have taken money out of my savings to keep me in the black. This whole situation has caused my family a huge amount of unnecessary stress an inconvenience. As well as moving money around we have also had to spend money on a Credit Card as we will again have to do this weekend. Currently, because of SMP from a part-time job, my family and I have less money than ever and an error on behalf of Virgin has meant that we have suffered difficulty during the most expensive month of the year. We will no doubt being paying for this error financially as well as in terms of the tension it has caused within our home. On top of the tangible and less tangible impacts of this mistake the service we have received whilst interacting with Customer Services had been utterly abominable. As a family we have our broadband, home phone and internet with Virgin and my husband is also on Virgin Mobile. In the last year we have paid at least £80 (most of the time more) to Virgin every single month. If being in this situation isn’t bad enough in the first place to be treated so remorselessly along the way is deeply upsetting.

I feel that some kind of financial compensation should be offered in recognition of the mistakes made (both in terms of incorrect charge being made and the failure to process the refund in the agreed timescales), the impact my family and I during a tough financial period (both circumstantially – being on SMP and having Child Benefit taken -and in term of the demands of this time of year), in acknowledgement of being loyal customers who have paid significant sums of money for services over the years, and as an apology for the way in which we were treated throughout the process. I feel either a one off payment or a significant discount on my contract for a period of time would be agreeable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: If this is not the webform to send a complaint please can you send me a link?

No, this is not the complaint web-form. These are community forums.

You will find the web form at-

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/make-a-complaint?intcmpid=aws_complaints_contactus_mobile_df525

0 Kudos