Menu
Ifedolapo123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Identity fraud-credit rating

Hi, 

I am completely devasted after years of saving to buy a new property on my own. The dream of owning a home has now gone because of mobile phone bill set up unknown to me and now I am paying the price. 

Since 2014 I had an Experian account where i checked my credit file to make sure all info were correct. In December of last year I checked equifax ana found two accounts that had a different name to my self but similar Dob and my parents address.  

I have  not lived with my parents since university so since 2010. My parents have always rented out the family home since there separation around the same time. 

My cousin who rented from my parents confirmed that she was the coulprit and that because she didn’t have any legally status she had no choice than to use my details. She thought because the information wasn’t exactly my own it wouldn’t trace it back to me. She apologise but I contacted the police  and they told me complete a form action fraud  which goes no ware. 

I trusted my cousin and she was like a sister to me. She would freely come to my house and help look after my daughter but it was likely she was looking through my documents. Looking back I remembered that I lost my passport, I suspect that she had a dealing in this as well. 

I contacted the call centre I relayed all this to them  but they said they require me to access a security question the name of my daughter which they advised was the name of my daughter which was chilove. I told them that this is not my account, but this is what my daughter is known as, plus my cousin confirmed this to me. 

I’ve raised a complaint but do not think the underwriting team know the full story. 

I Do not know what to do? As single mum I worked two jobs just so I can buy a place for something that’s my own and  now it’s bwwn ripped out by a family memeber I trusted. The injustice !!!

Any help wiuls be appreciated!!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Identity fraud-credit rating

Hi Ifedolapo123, thanks for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered since discovering the fraudulent mobile accounts impacting your credit file. 

We have a specialized fraud team who would be best placed to look into this for you. As a customer you're not able to speak with them directly - but the teams on 789/ 0345 600 0789 can raise this with them on your behalf - and we'll get back to you asap to discuss things further.

If you don't get the support you're looking for with the teams on the phone please let us know and we'll see what else can be done to help.

Tom_F 

0 Kudos
Ifedolapo123
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have not received anything nothing has been resolved what can I do ? I have waited no feedback ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear that. 

I'm going to personal message you to try and get as much information as possible to locate the account and help resolve this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos