Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Iceland Connectivity

Hi

I arrived in Iceland on Sunday and have spent the last few days trying to get connected. My phone setiings are all set up for roaming, i have tried to install new APN file and still there is no way for me to call or receive text messages. My phone appears to be jumping aroung and is constantly displaying connecting messages or unable to send messages......

I have spent hours looking for similar issues and resolutions on here, but still nothing has changed.

Its really frustrating as i am here for the first time and obviously need my phone for navigating and for safety whilst being out and about.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iceland Connectivity

I think this is the third or fourth one we have had about Iceland 

I'll escalate your post to the team

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello cg69, I'm sorry to hear about your connectivity issues whilst roaming in Iceland.

Thanks @enlli for flagging this. We're aware of other VM mobile users having problems there and have been chasing this up with the relevant teams today. I'd like to send a PM so I can confirm your details if possible - please get back to me when you can and hopefully we'l have this sorted soon.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me cg69 - I understand an attempted fix for this was implemented yesterday - when you're able to check can you let us know if that's been successful for you?

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Still not able to send or call, can receive messages now. Here i am connected to Vodafone. 

Colin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Colin, can I just double check if there are any other networks available for selection manually at this stage, and if so do none of them allow you to make calls? If you haven't already please also try enabling/disabling airplane mode to give the SIM a fresh connection to the network as well.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Changed to Siminn, tried airplane still no joy. Can receive texts but not send or call. Received virgin texts welcoming me to Iceland.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi cg69,

Thank you for coming back, I am sorry you still werent able to make or receive calls, is there anyone else with you that can and if so are you able to try your sim in their phone just to rule out an issue with the handset itself ?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know cg69. I've passed this on to the team and will continue to keep you posted - apologies again for the ongoing delay. 

0 Kudos