Menu
howsthat1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

INSERT CORRECT SIM CARD OVER & OVER & OVER

Informed that my current Sony Ericson mobile chip will be decommisioned in 28 days.

They send me a new chip - it does not work. They send me another - it doe not work.

There phone centers take 1hr 15mins to answer the phone each time but they assure me that it will only take 5 mins each time I go through to the bills or broadband department for transfer.

There mobile sign in website had me registered but I had never used it before so I had to create a new password. Then after 2 factor authentication with mobile successful the web site wants a answer to a "secret" question which is contained in my profile on my main Virginmedia login. The answer is not accepted.WHY. Because it only wants my phone password that I am asked for when I call for assistance. It doesn't even state on the page that it must be in captitals 5 1/2hrs on the phone on the first day , 2 hrs 2rd day - now I'm commencing the 3rd day.

Wheres the intelligence , wheres the commonsense - its not Beirot - links to online websites with no chat facility or answers from one of the worlds busiest corps.

And that song that ****song - there waiting for me

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: INSERT CORRECT SIM CARD OVER & OVER & OVER

Most likely the phone is Network locked and needs an unlocking code. Virgin did include the code where the phone was bought from them. Either on the letter or bottom left of the red card (it's quite a long number)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
thermal_neutron
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I also have this problem with my Sony Ericsson K750i.
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @thermal_neutron

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about this, I will send you over a private message so I can look into this. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos