cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to stop my number transfer

pawelw
Tuning in

I initiated mobile number transfer to Virgin Mobile with PAC for 2 SIM cards but after testing signal and speed I decided to stay with my current provider. On the form where I gave the PAC codes there was an option to cancel transfer, but now it appears there's no way to get back to it. The transfer is scheduled for tomorrow and customer service is closed now. It's important that the transfer doesn't go through from the side of my previous provider. I guess I can hope to stop it if I call early tomorrow, unless I'm missing something and there's another way to stop it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pawelw 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

If a PAC has already been given and it's now the day of the switch this cannot be stopped I'm afraid. 

The only way forward would be to let the port go through and then you can re-port the numbers out.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pawelw 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

If a PAC has already been given and it's now the day of the switch this cannot be stopped I'm afraid. 

The only way forward would be to let the port go through and then you can re-port the numbers out.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

pawelw
Tuning in

Thanks @John_GS

I just found out the same after chatting to CS.

Sorry it's not the resolution you wanted but you will be able to sort this the other way 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team