cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want it on record that I want to cancel WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

Ilkleyman
Joining in

I signed up to Virgin earlie rin the month and set it up yesterday. It is awful. A complete nightmare.

I signed up for broadband and mobile.

On the mobile I have no mobile data. It won't work and support were useless.

On the broadband our TV has stopped and won't work due to a slow connection. We are supposed to have a 200 meg connection, but it isn't fast enough to watch a normal TV show, which our Vodafone coped with perfectly well for two years without a single slow message.

I have tried to figure out how to cancel, but the site is a nightmare insisting I install Whatsapp (I refuse to do so).

So I wanted it on record on the Virgin Community site that I want to cancel both my broadband and my mobile contract with immediate effect. In all seriousness, I'd rather spend a week or two sourcing a new supplier than deal with this terrible service. I should have known better, as other people has warned me against Virgin. Turns out they were right.

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you rightly say this is a Community Site and not technically front line support.

Any team here will not be able to action disconnection requests.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ilkleyman,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you aren't happy with both Virgin Mobile and Media after taking out and getting installed.

We are unable to arrange disconnection you will need to speak to our Customer relations team, you can call 789 from the Mobile options 1, 3 them 4 and on 0345 454 1111 from any phone for cable services, you do have a 14 days right to cancel.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for your helpful response.

I have been trying to call those numbers, but get messages saying how they're really busy and I might want to refer to the web site instead. Argh! Virgin were so responsive when I was ordering a service, but trying to cancel just seems impossible, hence me wanting to document it on this site, as I can see this ending up going to legal.

I didn't get a chance to set it up until yesterday, which was 14 days, and I've been desperately trying to cancel, but end up with support depts that aren't working, chat services that I can't connect to because I refuse to install Whatsapp just to deal with a service that I am cancelling.

I am sat here on hold listening to some awful pop music and wasting my Saturday morning trying to get rid of this terrible service. What a silly mistake.

You are absolutely right, but my frustration trying to get through to the support lines lead me here. It is impossible to get through and so impossible to cancel within 14 days. This is so unethical.

That's why I figured at least if I could have auditable proof that I am trying to cancel, on a Virgin owned site, then I would have grounds to get out of this horrible service. I've only been using it for 24 hours and just wish I had never switched.

We do understand you frustration however this isn't something we can arrange here, the 14 days goes from when you were installed.

Regards

Paul.