Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I transferred my VM phone number to another provider - When is my VM account closing?

Earlier this month, I decided to PAC my Virgin Mobile number (07305 442391) to Id Mobile instead, with a view to closing my Virgin Mobile account but keeping the number. When will my Virgin Mobile account be closed, and what more will I have to pay, if anything?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I transferred my VM phone number to another provider - When is my VM account closing?

You'll find the details on what happens here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-how-do-i-cancel-my-contract
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I transferred my VM phone number to another provider - When is my VM account closing?

I've seen that page already, but it doesn't tell me WHEN these events will happen. How long will I have to wait?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your account should close the day the number transferrs. However, if there are any outstanding payments they may take till your next refresh to appear. 

Rule of thumb. One month after the transfer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As of now, the account for Virgin Mobile is still open, although there are no more payments and the balance is for "information only". How do I close it?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mine stayed available open for a while if I remember. If the number has transferred then they can charge you for anything

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It should close automatically after 90 days of the SIM card not being used.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos