Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I need a new SIM card urgently

I’ve recently upgraded and old number for a new handset. The number hasn’t been used for probably around 9 months but I’ve still been paying for it (it was my sons SIM card and he broke his phone and we didn’t replace it)

they sent the iPhone without a new sim and the old sim won’t work, I know they’ve recently replaced SIM cards but we haven’t had one through for this number 

I rang For a new SIM card and was told yes all done, days later no sign of anything so rang again and was told the sim hasn’t been sent as there’s a flag on my account! I asked what does that mean and he said don’t worry I’ll send u a form to sign and we will get the flag removed and then get a new SIM card to u. He promised to look into it and call me back to say what the flag is for. Guess what? No call back and still no SIM card! So I’m paying for a phone that can’t be used and airtime without a SIM card!!

how on earth do I call someone in the uk? No disrespect but these people abroad just don’t seem to understand what you’re saying and they never resolve anything! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need a new SIM card urgently

Try texting 07533016422 this is a contact number for VM plus you get the benefit of everything being logged 👍🏼

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried that and was passed on to someone else and the conversation stopped.

i don’t get the flag? I’ve lived in the same house for 14 years,have good credit, never paid my bill late and been with virgin since it used to be Ntl! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danica, 

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry to hear you've been having these problems.

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can chat about things with more clarity.

Speak soon.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The only way I have managed to get anyone at Virgin to speak to me is by asking (time and time again) that they raise a complaint, then a manager will eventually speak "at" you (not to you), if they don't simply hang up on you.

If you don't agree with what they have to say, ask for a letter of deadlock, then take it to dispute resolution: https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

Don't forget to report this to Ofcom as well - https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring - Virgin can't be allowed to continue this way.

0 Kudos