cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm thoroughly sick of virginmobile trying to charge me for texts I haven't made.

Rabbie
On our wavelength

I'm thoroughly sick of Virginmobile trying to charge me for texts I haven't made. An example is this morning when I made six international text messages to a relative. I went into my account to check this as a similar thing happened in December 2021. I found that they'd again overcharged me and billed me for eleven texts instead of six. Trying to get through to them is a ridiculous long wait, then when you do get through they can't seem to understand and are of no help whatsoever. I've spent a few hours on the phone today to four different Virgin staff about all this to no avail. The customer service is abysmal. It's all okay when you don't have any issues but when you do then there's more problems. I think I'll change phone providers.

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long where your text messages. Any over 160 characters (that includes spaces) would have been sent as 2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rabbie
On our wavelength
Thanks for you reply enlli. I only sent the one message of of over 160 characters and that went as an MMS message.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check your Account. If it went MMS there should be a 50p charge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Rabbie
On our wavelength
It is for 50p pal. The rest are for 30p. I made one at 07:41 which virgin billed me four times for, and another one at 08:54 which virgin billed me three times for. I know I'm right but they insist they're correct.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hopefully one of the team can sort it. The error should show on the timestamps.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rabbie

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you've got a billing dispute. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Rabbie
On our wavelength
Thanks John.