Menu
Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm sending a text to my wifes iphone but it comes back to my phone!

Hi,

my wife and I both have iphones with virgin media sims (both registered to me). They both worked fine up until today but now when I try texting her the text comes back to my phone and any texts for her from other people are also coming to my phone. What on earth can be wrong?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm sending a text to my wifes iphone but it comes back to my phone!

the messages are sending over imessage using apple. Are they both signed in with the same apple account?
0 Kudos
Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi apcyberax,

As you may of guessed, mobile phones are not my speciality but if you mean the first thing you see at the top of the "Settings" then we are both signed in with our own ID but strangely, when I looked at my wife's phone, under the Apple Account it says "Update Apple ID Settings" with a red 1 but when I select it and click on continue it asks for the password for MY account rather than my wife's

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Bazzer.

Thanks for posting. 

This sounds very strange. I'd personally back both up and then reset both phones to factory settings. Then restore the phones from the back up to see if this sorts it.

Find out more on our phone help guide

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos