Menu
hewa4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm in abroad

Hi everyone

I'm in iraq my phone doesn't work I have signal full but no call come and go!

Please any advice 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm in abroad

Hello Hewa4,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into whilst you're abroad, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll need to ask a few questions to get an understanding your your issue.

Can you please answer these for me - 

• Do you receive an error message when you try to call/text?
  • Can you try rebooting your handset to see if this resolves the issue?
  • Do you have access to WIFI where you are staying? If not, do you have roaming activated on your handset? (Please be aware there may be charges if this is switched on)
  • Do you have a friend or family member who can lend you their handset? If yes, please try swapping the SIM into their phone to see if the issue still occurs.

Thanks,

Megan_L

hewa4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No error message but when I do call is making weird noise

And i don't have problems with WiFi is working fine 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hewa4, 

Thanks for coming back to me, I am glad your WIFI is fine and that you have access to it. 

Can I ask if you can do the other questions for me please? - 

• Can you try rebooting your handset to see if this resolves the issue?
  • Do you have a friend or family member who can lend you their handset? If yes, please try swapping the SIM into their phone to see if the issue still occurs.
  • Can I also ask you to describe what strange noise occurs when you call? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As an aside Virgin use Proximus as a roaming partner and they have agreements with these networks 

KOREK TELECOM 3
Iraq ZAIN (IRAQNA (ORASCOM TELECOM IRAQ CORP.))

Have you tried a manual network search and tried logging on to each one of these in turn?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hewa4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is not the handset because my wife have same issue

I believe is need to do some thing on it before taking to trivial, like chenge from local to international something like that.

The noise is like electronic sound, same time is like landline noise befor del numbers like line is life that is my best discretion

Hope you get i i try to say 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hewa4, 

Thanks for coming back to me again, I have checked your mobile services to see if anything is outstanding in your network settings, however everything is in order on our side. 

I see a VIP has given you some advice which may be really helpful, thank you @enlli

Can you try following their advice and perform a manual network search in order to log on to each one to see which one you can connect to? 

Just as further information in regards to roaming in Iraq, I have a link here which will make you aware of Iraq roaming charges.

Thanks,

Megan_L