Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have paid for 4G since March and still only get 3G. New sim (got charged) and still only 3G. Poor

I have paid for 4G since March and still only get 3G. I Got told by Virgin that I need a new sim (got sneakily charged for on my bill which I think is disgraceful as I wasn't told of any charge) and still only get 3G and not 4G. Not happy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have paid for 4G since March and still only get 3G. New sim (got charged) and still only 3G...

HI lucas65, sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting to the 4G service. Can you confirm if you are in a 4G area when connecting? Have you checked the coverage checker here - Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have paid for 4G since March and still only get 3G. New sim (got charged) and still only 3G...

Hi, yes my wife had an identical iPhone 7 and had no problem. She now has the iPhone 8 and again no problem. The 4G has better coverage than 3G in this area. I have also checked everywhere I have gone and still only 3G. Strange.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lucas65, 

Can you advise if you're on a 4G package at all? This might show on your online account. 

If not let me know and I can check from here, just reply to the personal message I'm sending now.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lucas65, 

Just checking in on things as I haven't heard back from your personal message. 

Did you manage to get the SIM into another phone to test if 4G works?

Please let us know if you still need help.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos