Menu
fairlyquasi
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have arrived in France and have no service. I have read another post but cannot find the answer which

Hi I have arrived in France and have no service. I have read another post but cannot find the answer which works.  Someone responded that they would send a private message to contact Virgin to resolve this.  I need the same help and need this urgently as I cannot use Paypal without authentication using my mobile !  Please help.  Thank you !  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have arrived in France and have no service. I have read another post but cannot find the an...

Hi there @fairlyquasi

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry to understand that you're having some issues abroad. 

Can you elaborate on what the issue is so we can best advise you? Are you having issues with both calls and data use? 

Did you ensure that you activated Roaming on your account and handset before you left the UK? If you have, once you arrive at your destination and switch on your phone, it should automatically connect you to one of the partner networks. 

If you're still struggling, you can also try turning the phone off and then back on again. Sounds simple, but it'll refresh the network signal on your phone and, more often than not, it does the trick. If that doesn't work, you can try a manual network search. Here's how:

• Go into Settings on your phone
  • Now go to Phone Settings
  • Then choose Network Selection
  • Select Manual network selection instead of Automatic and let the phone search for available networks. This might take up to a minute

Now you should have a list of networks you can use. 

If you're still having issues, please do pop back with more information and we'll do what we can to assist you. 

Please do remember though, we cannot guarantee signal or connection whilst abroad as you are using a 3rd party connection and mast. Keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fairlyquasi
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have arrived in France and have no service. I have read another post but cannot find the an...

I have already tried every possible variation upon themes written on forums, websites.  There is a fault with Virgin service.  The phone reads 'no service' even though the following networks are available in the network selection (Free, F-Bouygues Telecom, Orange F, F SFR, F - Contact) , and SFR is the one which took over Virgin in 2018.  My number is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] please work some kind of magic.  I need to be able to use my phone in France now.  I have been 5 days without my phone connecting to a service.  Thank you !  Valerie 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello fairlyquasi

Sorry to hear this is happening 

Can you please try one more time and let me know if its working 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
fairlyquasi
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just did and it still does not work

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying again fairlyquasi

The roaming is definitely set up before you left the UK

Can you try the Sim in another handset if possible

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try this

For Android:

Select Apps from Home screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Roaming and go back to Home Screen

For iOS
Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select Roaming you are done, go back to Home screen

Sim application can be under Connections on some iPhones

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello fairlyquasi

Did you manage to follow the advice above?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos