Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can't log into my mobile account

I have tried to log into my mobile account, but as I haven't needed to do so in years my details are out of date. The email account I set it up with is over 10 years out of date. The main reason I want to log in is because my mobile no longer works after I put a new sim in, so it's no good texting me with anything. I am going round in circles.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't log into my mobile account

Can anyone help me get back into my account? The email address is years out of date, I don't remember the password I used as it's probably 15 years ago, and my mobile phone doesn't work. Virgin media know my current email address as they send me statements every month. I wrote a letter to Virgin over a week ago but I haven't had a reply. When I tried to phone them on my Virgin landline I couldn't get through. I spent 5 hours on the messaging system two weeks ago when my mobile phone went wrong, and got nowhere as I didn't have my log-in details. Is there an email address for customer services? I can't seem to find one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Squillian, 

I'm really sorry you're having trouble getting into your online account and your SIM isn't working. 

It's also disappointing you've had trouble getting in touch, it's not the level of service we aim to provide and we're keen to help. 

We can look at helping you get back into the online account or deleting it and creating a new one, to do this I'll need to send you a personal message to grab some details. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon 

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your reply. I'll do whichever is easiest, set up a new account or reset the old one with the email address you have for me now.

Best Regards,

Squillian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No worries. 

If you reply to the personal message I sent then we can sort this for you. 

Just look out for the purple envelop 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thanks, I have just replied to your pm which had gone into my junk folder.

regards, Squillian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well it seems either something has gone wrong and private messages aren't getting through, or Emma has disappeared, as I haven't heard anything from her in several hours. Back to square one it seems. Going round in circles getting nowhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you've not had a reply from me. 

I've done a split shift today so only just come back to work now. 

I'll message you again now 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Squillian, 

Just letting you know I've sent off the details for the unlocking code for your handset. 

If we can provide it this will arrive within 3-5 days via the email address we have on your account. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thanks, but you already sent me the unlocking code for the mobile, and it's working fine now. The only problem I'm having now is that my old a virgin mobile account still seems to be active, so I can't register a new one. When I try it keeps asking me for the answer to a security question, which I presume relates to the old account. I can even remember what the question was, so I certainly can't provide the answer. 😉

Once the old account is de-activated I will set up a new one, but at the moment it won't let me.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos