Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can’t end my contract

Hi Everyone,Really sorry to bother you with this.I have reluctantly switched provider away from Virgin,as they were asking me to renew a contract at a cost four times what I was paying monthly.I asked them for a PAC number to migrate my old mobile number.The one I was given didn’t work,according to my new provider.Any attempt by me to try and speak to someone,or communicate through the website chat system ends up me going round in circles getting nowhere.In over 2 months I have made no progress,despite writing emails and sending texts. I have now blocked my bank details to see if that provokes some sort of response,which is not the way I normally conduct my business! I know Covid has meant the Virgin Team is disrupted,but I genuinely don’t know what to do next. Is there anyone out there who can offer some form of advice or guidance.Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can’t end my contract

I'm afraid cancelling the bank won't get you the response you desire. All that happens is back office will send your details to debt recovery.

Assuming your last PAC has expired have you tried the Text Method?

Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984

Alternatively have you tried Switching in My Profile using your online account?

Sorry if you have tried this

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. We tried that,but the new provider doesn’t recognise the number and suggests gettting new pac code. 
mid there a ‘normal’ phone number we can call Virgin from using a non-virgin line?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

O345 6000 789 is the number from none Virgin lines.

Mind you, if the old PAC is over 30 days old it's defunct, so Texting will get you a new one, hopefully correct.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That’s been very helpful. Thanks again for your advice!

0 Kudos