Menu
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am going round in circles please help

Hi all please help I'm being driven mad.

I went to upgrade and did so. Got a sony Xperia 10 II, 1GB data , unlimited calls and texts. for £16.
Phone arrived and was all well and good. I don't use my phone much I just wanted a cheapie.

a few days later went to make a call and was told I had no credit.

I phoned Virgin mobile up to be accused of choosing a data only plan. I have always chosen a small package as that suits me for minutes etc so I would never get a phone with data only on it.

After arguing with the call centre they agreed to up my package to the correct one. This is when it starts getting messy.

1. I was told Id have to give the phone and headphones back, then get sent a new set of headphones and phone.
  2. my new tarriff would only be live on refresh date and not pro rata leaving me for a full month without any calltime.
  3. I argued this and they said they would load £5 credit for goodwill but was reminded that I had ordered the wrong product myself.
  4. when the phone arrived, the deliveryman demanded the old phone straight away with zero time to allow me to transfer my stuff over or even check it was all good. I declined to let him take the phone until I was done. He went away.
  5. No £5 credit was loaded onto the phone, this was because I had not returned the old phone. I asked them to come collect it, no one has at this stage I was accused again of ordering the wrong product myself.
  6. I asked for a cancellation as now I'm fed up and need a phone with credit. I was told they would contact me, but so far nothing.

I'm stuck, please someone cancel this damned contract that wasn't what I asked for. someone come collect the kit and take it away. do something. seems phoning up is causing us to go round in circles.

I feel as though the call centre are waiting till my allotted time is up so I can't cancel without penalty. 

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am going round in circles please help

For a start, there is no way you could have ordered a Data only SIM, it is Virgin's own fault/mistake and has happened to quite a few over a few months 😠

@ModTeam 

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad I'm not the only one.

it's madness. - and the whole phone swap thing? just nuts, why can't they have just enabled the sim? usually it would be pro rata'd so I would have paid something like £12 instead of £16 or something. Every other phone provider does that.... just being awkward.

Hope someone from Virgin Mobile can respond to this otherwise I'll be on the phone again. I dont want to do 😞

0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So my contract is being cancelled, all fees wavered however no email confirmation of it. 

But I have a pac code so I'm on the right path. 

0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It would appear that I'm still no further. Virgin won't collect these phones and cancel the contract. 

I have had no confirmation that my fee is being wavered so as a safety measure I've cancelled the direct debit. 

Will someone from the UK help me please? I'm getting tired and I'm still without a phone and so far set to be stung £350 for something I did not want.

Really poor. I'm a vip virgin media customer too, I'm this close to cancelling that as well. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is this a Freestyle Contract where the SIM and Phone are billed separately?

If so, you can keep the phone and pay the loan but use a SIM from elsewhere as the SIMs are 30 day rolling

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is, but all I want is it cancelled, I have two phones in my possession I do not want. They wont come collect them or tell me where to send it.

0 Kudos