cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub telephone extension phone

Laurarara
Up to speed

I have just received a text asking me to accept a new adaptor whereby I must plug my telephone into my Virgin Hub.  I don't reply to text messages as they are sometimes spam/scam.  If there are to be changes I would only accept in writing normally (or appropriate email).

I have a few questions about this:

1. I have TWO home phones and currently one socket is in the lounge, the other near my bedroom and I need both due to health issues.  I have to have CORDED phones for amplified phone system (extreme hearing loss).
2. If I'm to plug in to the Hub which provides the broadband, why would I be paying a landline price if it's to be defunct and run through the broadband system?

Please provide me with details how I can continue to use my 'hard of hearing' phones x 2.  One will not suffice.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Laurarara. Thank you for reaching out on or help forum and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues and confusion caused in regard to our landline migration to the new 21CV line due to the SMS you received, we must have sent you an email to confirm the changes as well (unless your email address on our record is not up to date).

Please, have a read here in regard to the home phone switchover  process for more info and details on this change as well as how we can support you with the set up.

Should you wish us to go ahead and activate this service, the landline will be provided via the hub and fibre optics network however it would still consist of a separate service and it will use the telephone port at the back of the router (with the help from the adaptor we send to connect your handset).

You may as well choose to remove the landline completely if you don't use it as an alternative, however to keep the number/line on this would be billed as normal.

From what you advised above we believe you'll need further support with your new set up and most likely an engineer to assist with this, we do this free of cost to you - I'll send you a PM here soon to discuss further.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Laurarara
Up to speed

Hi thanks for your reply.

No, I've not had an email and email is correct - just got the text.  The swap to hub has been discussed before when I renewed Contract.  I said then that I'd prefer a landline in the traditional sense and was told this wouldn't happen until 2025, but still got the text to say you're about to send me the part required.  I've not responded to the text, but have sent a private message on this forum which appears to be dealing with the matter.

I've already read all the blurb months ago, but it doesn't address the fact that I need a phone AND another phone i.e. that I currently have two places in my home where I can plug a phone in.  I need wired phones for my hearing loss system.  If I'm to use the HUB, then I can only have ONE wired phone and my extension will become useless.

Laurarara
Up to speed

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 12.08.30.png

Here we are - this is what I need.  Again, I think this is being dealt with  on the private message section as I've given my account details to them.

It still doesn't address the fact that I need TWO phones that ring in both parts of my house - deafness.  If I'm only to have one phone via the hub and it rings at night, I simply won't hear it.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Also, please advise with a Yes or No for the below questions:

Do you have a burglar alarm attached to their phone line?

Do you have a health, monitor or care alarm attached to their phone line?

Do you use Text Relay?

Does anyone in the household have accessibility requirements that means they rely on their landline for emergency services?

Do you have a mobile phone in the event they need to call emergency services?

Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

Also, please advise with a Yes or No for the below questions:

Do you have a burglar alarm attached to their phone line? NO

Do you have a health, monitor or care alarm attached to their phone line? NO

Do you use Text Relay? NO

Does anyone in the household have accessibility requirements that means they rely on their landline for emergency services? YES

Do you have a mobile phone in the event they need to call emergency services? YES but not able to hear using it.  For video (lip read) use and  texts.

Cheers,

Laurarara
Up to speed

Adri - your questions answered above.  Now go to Private Messages please. 

Think it's nearly sorted!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you, Laura. 🙂

I have replied back in a private message, thanks and please get back to me there so we can complete the processes.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team