Menu
Lilymac13
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Huawei mate 20 pro update issue

Hi, my device keeps alerting me that a new update is available to download - 10.0.0.138 - but I have already installed it. This had happened every time I install (lost count how many times). Has anyone been able to find a fix for this? I've already tried resetting it, clearing the cache, partitioning the cache via Recovery Mode, even doing a factory reset but the same issue occurs. I've spoken to Huawei, ran through everything they have suggested for the last SIX MONTHS and nothing works, today they have advised my carrier is responsible for pushing these updates. I'm getting the notification to install up to ten times a day, I've turned off the ability to install during the night but it does it anyway. My phone is becoming unusable because its constantly switching itself off to apply the update even though I have clicked to decline the update.

This has been going on since that update was released. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huawei mate 20 pro update issue

Hi Lilymac13,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry you are getting a constant update message, this sounds like a device issue, as it is a 3rd party device you will be best trying the manufacturers website or their forums to see if is a known issue?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Lilymac13
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. 

However, in my post I have already pointed out I have spoken to them and they have told me it is down to my carrier to push these updates. 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

seems it has happend to others

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/community/details/Mate-20-Pro-in-UK-keeps-updating-to-same-firmware-1...

Someone on this forum had the issue and theres a suggested fix

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Mate-20-Pro-update-issue/td-p/4301957

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Was this bought from Virgin? If not they are not responsible for carrier updates. 

I have an Galaxy S20+ which is from Luxembourg but running on Vodafone. All updates are in line with the Central European roll out and not Vodafone UK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile don't customise the phones in the same way as Vodafone do.

Samsung devices bought from Virgin Mobile are the 'SIM Free' versions so get updates the same time as devices bought directly from Samsung do.

I'd expect the Huawei devices are the same, so the firmware on a Huawei device bought from Virgin Mobile will be the same as if you got it direct.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Lilymac13
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I did do a search and found that one but the file it mentions didn't show up for me in the hidden file search 🤔 so I didn't know where to go from there lol 

0 Kudos
Lilymac13
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, bought directly from virgin. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I will send you over a private message so I can get some details from you 🙂

Cheers. 

Ryan_N- Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the clarification. 

As to what @BenMcr has advised - this is something that would be from the manufacturer of the handset. I'm not sure how it has taken Huawei 6 months to advise that it's the carrier who provides this, as if that was the case I am sure they would have advised that initially. Can I ask in which capacity have they advised this - was it on the phone or was it written? 

The phones come as SIM free meaning that it's not down to a specific network as such to provide that. 

I appreciate you want this resolving and I would love to be able to say that I can offer a solution to this - unfortunately it's not something that can be done from this side. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N- Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos