Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Huawei P30 Pro WiFi Calling

Hi all

Any news on when an update will be released to enable WiFi calling on the P30 Pro?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huawei P30 Pro WiFi Calling

Hu uri,

unfortunately the answer is still the same as when you asked on the other thread. Forum Staff aren't privy to those details and will probably find out when you or another customer post on here of your success.

It's a community forum and we like to help each other, so if/when you do get Wi Fi calling, please let us know.

I've checked the webpage that gives details of the phones that do have wi fi calling at present https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-calling

and the section Who can get Virgin Media WiFi Calling? and I'm afraid it's no change:_

You’ll need one of these phones devices to use WiFi Calling:

Apple: iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Samsung: Samsung S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S10e, S20, S205G, S20+5G, S20Ultra5G, Note10, Note 10+ and Note 10+5G

Perhaps if you contact Huawei directly they will be able to give you a timeline?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure if the forums were watched or moderated by VM staff too, so though maybe someone might wade in with an official answer.

Good news is that it seems to have been applied to my handset now, I guess that means the rollout should be happening for all P30 (pro) users.

I also got an EMUI update around the same time, although it was my understanding that this was something that had to be enabled on the network-side rather than in the Huawei software, so not sure if this is a coincidence or not.

Happy to see if I can help anyone else trying to get it working

Uri

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Uri,

that's great news and I'm sure it will please many P30 Pro users. Thanks for letting us know it's working for you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos