Menu
Barb2014
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to unlock phone to use free oomph sim

I've spoken to virgin mobile support for over 2 hours at weekend to port over my mums old number to the new virgin one I got with the free sim. They've said this is now done but its not working as her Tesco mobile Hauwei phone is locked to their tesco network.. theyve sent loads of unlock codes and nothing is working.. now neither phone number is recognised when I try to log in to virgin mobile and my mum hasnt had a phone all week.  Is my only option to buy a new phone for her thats unlocked?  Seems like what set out to be a good deal is now going to be expensive.  She's a pensioner so she's not tech savvy to learn new phones . thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to unlock phone to use free oomph sim

The Tesco phone will be locked to run on their supplier which is O2, so there is nothing Virgin can do about unlocking it.

Have you checked via Google the correct way to unlock this phone. Quite often it is not just a case of keying in the code, but going through a specific sequence.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to unlock phone to use free oomph sim

tesco use O2 - you could have a word with them - they are usually excellent at unlocking their own phone - not sure if thats the same with a tesco phone - other than that you need to keep talking to tesco - VM cannot help - if you have entered the wrong code too many times it could get difficult as the phone will [likely] lock - dont think thats permanent but will need another coce

Tony
0 Kudos