Menu
Louklie
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How to switch contract to Pay as you go?

Hi,

I’ve started my contract on June 2018 and I’ve took phone on finance for 36 months agreement. On March this year it will be my last payment for phone and I would like to end my contract with Virgin and go for Pay As You Go. How can I switch it?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to switch contract to Pay as you go?

Hello

I am afraid that it isn't possible to switch to Pay As You Go as Virginmedia no longer offer that service.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Louklie
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I understand, but is there a way to switch number to someone else just to have SIM card I can top up when I need to? I don’t need monthly contract because due to Covid I’m spending most of times in different country, but I still have to keep my number for bank, PayPal and other things.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You will need to request a PAC code and then give that to the new supplier that still has a Pay As You Go plans.

"You can get a PAC in a few ways: Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request. Text 'PAC' and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984. Call us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 ** from any other phone."

This will have to be done when you are connected to a UK network.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Louklie
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, great. But do I have to first cancel my contract? Or can I just ask about that PAC code? And what should I do next? I admit- I’m quite lost if it comes to thing like this...

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

When you give the PAC code to the new supplier, once the number has been switched over the contract will end, are you on a fixed term mobile contract or are you on freestyle ?

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Louklie
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s freestyle, 30 day rolling contract I believe. But I still have remaining loan to pay.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If it freestyle then request PAC you will still have to continue paying the loan off or you can pay it all off in one go but will have to call to do that.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos