Menu
qbsrw2020
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to speak to a UK call centre?

PLEASE can someone tell me how I can get through to someone in a VM UK call centre. I called last month as I want to cancel my contract and couldn't request STAC online or via text as both services unavailble (presumably due to COVID). Called and cancelled or so I thought. Cancelled DD with bank. Now got bills emailed for last month and this month. Called again. On hold for 45 mins. Got through to Phillipines centre and the rudest customer service person I've ever spoken to. Explained the issue and she couldn't have cared less. Told me there was nothing she could do as my account has been suspended due to non payment even though I'd advised I was cancelling a month ago. She told me I'd "get what I deserved" and basically accused me of being a liar. Put me back on hold for 10 mins then hung up so in total, 1 hour 10 mins wasted and I'm no closer to cancelling. I don't want a bad credit record due to their incompetence. Just want to speak to someone here in the UK who is interested in providing some customer service! PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to speak to a UK call centre?

Good Morning qbsrw2020,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Terribly sorry to hear of your poor customer service and the time it's taken to respond to your post

Have you been able to speak to our team to have this resolved since your post on Tuesday? 

If you seek further assistance, do please come back to us and we'll seek to have this resolved for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
qbsrw2020
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Nope - no joy reaching anyone in your team and noone has been in contact so I'm no further forward. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated. You've suspended all outgoing calls and texts so I can't request a STAC, can't clear the bill or do anything useful and I can't reach you by phone so I'm pretty much stuck. Please feel free to get in touch so I can get a resolution... Thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me 

I'll seek to look into the account once we've passed data protection to see if we can get this solved for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi qbsrw2020

Just a quick not to ask if you're happy with the efforts and response of our forum team?  Remember if you need our help in the future, please don't hesitate in reaching out.  Our fantastic community members are always willing to help too.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
qbsrw2020
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All sorted! Many thanks for stepping in and resolving for me. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
gilldoods
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello, pretty much the same thing has happened to me - I thought I'd cancelled the contract, cancelled the direct debit and have been charged ever since, I've spoken to someone on web mail thing and they said they can't cancel it I need to speak to customer services.  I ring the number given and it just says we have sent a link to your phone goodbye ........... it hasn't sent a link and I have tried many times.  I've spent hours on this and I've settled the bill which has really annoyed me and anytime soon I will be getting another charge for another month.   

How did this get resolved?

Please help

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello gilldoods

Sorry to hear the above 

As a rule we are unable to assist or action disconnections on our Forums

This will need to be done by calling us or 

Just send us a text* with a description of your problem to 07533 051809 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth

0 Kudos
gilldoods
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth, I will try that, guess what I got through to someone, they said they would cancel  my contract and since that conversation, I have been charged for 2 more months!  So that's 6 months of charges now since I've been told the contract was cancelled.  This is the most frustrating experience ever! Takes weeks getting through to a person who can actually cancel the contract and then find out they haven't!

0 Kudos