cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a replacement SIM card

Jen_Y

Need to get hold of a replacement sim card? You’ll just need to speak with an advisor so they can get everything set up on the account ready for the new SIM. Simply dial 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset, or 0345 6000 789 from any other line.

You can also speak with us to order a replacement SIM card via our text messaging option, just send a message to 07533 016422.

Sorry, but it’s not currently possible to order a replacement sim card online.

Jen_Y

Community Mod 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

3 REPLIES 3

VC10
Dialled in

Sounds simple, but not so. Sent the text and received a reply asking why I want a replacement SIM. Replied back with reason.

1) Was sent a link to a trouble shooting page, tried that, no fix.

2) Requested to give name & phone number, was I the account holder? 3 security questions.

3) Placed in queue to talk to someone. After several minutes I given the option of transferring to WhatsApp

4) Agreed to go to WhatsApp.

5) Asked to give phone number to be contacted on - the number they had just messaged me on.

6) Contacted by WhatApp bot asking why I was contacting them.

7) See items 1, 2 & then placed in queue to speak to someone again at 15:04.

Time now 15:21

I have just received a WhatApp response at 15:39 asking if I want to move to WhatsApp!!!!!

I give up, I'll wait for someone to contact me through this community.

Hi @VC10 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been unable to arrange a replacement SIM.  I would love to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R