Menu
naohiko
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to leave virgin mobile without changing provider

Hello,

I want to leave virgin mobile as I'm soon leaving the UK.

2 months ago, I requested STAC, expecting that I can leave it automatically.

However, I'm still charged by Virgin Mobile and also my account shows that "Your STAC has expired on 4 August". Does it mean I have not left virgin mobile yet ??

I just want to leave the virgin mobile without changing provider in the UK as I'm leaving the UK.

Now I assumed that STAC is used for those who want to change provider in the UK without taking their number. Thus STAC is not for those who is leaving the UK.

I want to know how to cancel the contract.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to leave virgin mobile without changing provider

Well you've gone about it completely the wrong way. The STAC is for leaving VM without moving your number, but joining a new provider. You give the new provider the code and they fix up the cancellation with VM.  If you wish to leave VM entirely you need to contact them in person. 789 on your VM mobile (free) or 0345 6000 789 from a fixed line phone.  Or you can text:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

and wait for a reply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to leave virgin mobile without changing provider

A STAC must be given to another UK provider who then will action it. 

Just need someone with a UK account on another network for them to give it in  Nothing happens to their account just yours comes to an end.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos