Menu
ajb77
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to get some actual help / customer service

Can anyone tell me how i can speak to a team that is actually able to help and deal with issues? I have only been with Virgin for a couple of weeks and it has been a battle to get any issues resolved.

I have a bundle including mobile, tv, broadband and phone with a number of new customer discounts. I have no mobile phone coverage in my house (despite what every agent tells me when they check their map) and like many other people i am working from home so am here pretty much all day every day. My first preference would be to use wifi calling on my phone but i have been told that Virgin only support wifi calling on a limited number of handsets not including mine.

My next preference is to move my current phone number to a new network and get a new number for my virgin sim but the virgin mobiles team have told me that in order to do that i have to request a PAC code and if i do that it will cancel the mobile element of my package. I have also been told that if i cancel the mobile element of my bundle i will lose the discounts on my account because i no longer have the same bundle.

The mobile team tell me i need to speak to the oomph team but can't transfer me, the customer service team transfer me to the mobiles team as soon as i mention mobiles, no one can transfer me to the oomph team and as every team has a wait time of over 30 mins i am getting increasingly frustrated.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get some actual help / customer service

Oomph team is usually 150 from a Virgin landlines. Ask for them specifically although it should recognise your landlines as being Oomph

789 can't handle Oomph SIM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get some actual help / customer service

Hi Ajb77,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration.

We would be unable to cancel your mobile account here on the forums, nor would we be able to request a PAC code for you. However if you text 0753 301 6422 or call 0345 600 0789 the team will be able to help you. 

It is correct that if you cancel your Oomph mobile account your media package may change as the tariff is part of the bundle, there also may be Buyout Fees if your mobile account is in contract.

However, if you want to cancel without taking your mobile number, you can do this by requesting a STAC code, you can find out more via this link which has loads of useful information. This will allow you to cancel and the mobile number will be stripped from the account and put back into the number pool. Meaning you can go to your new provider and get a brand new mobile number from them. 
I hope this gives you a bit more clarity on the situation.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos