Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to contact UK CS

I've been trying to upgrade my price plan to the "Family Plan" offer of £8 per SIM as advertised on the site. I keep getting told by an Indian CS that Family Plan is only available if you spend £9 per SIM. When challenged that it says the £8 is available on family plan, they say I can have the £8 plan but I need to spend at least £9 to be allowed to have the £8 plan?

I need to speak to someone that understands English properly..

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to contact UK CS

Virgin Mobile customer services is off-shored. Most of the people I know in the country where the call centre is located speak perfectly intelligible English. 

However during the current virus emergency we understand that the call centre is not operating because of the lock down restrictions imposed there. 

So you have two choices. Use the standard number - 789 mobile or 0345 6000 789 - fixed line or send a text message as described and wait for a reply:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What I'm trying to communicate (and failing) is that according to the site, Family plan SIMs start at £8 not £9. They keep telling me that to get the £8 per Month Tariff on both of my phones, I have to spend a minimum of £9 per SIM and they try sell up to a £10 plan with less data.

So I've given up on the Family Plan and just added the £8 tariff to one of my handsets, keeping the other on a cheaper plan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I believe that £8 plan should not be listed in the family plan's, on the FAQs page it states the family plan's need to £9 or over, so the CS person was most probably telling the truth  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/family-plans-faqs

There is also mistakes on the normal SIM plans, the one you chose - £8, 8 GB for 12 months, if you choose 24 months it shows as only 3 GB of data - add it to basket and it ends up being 8 GB but at £12 @month.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It seems quite clear on the site that it's available, no * or # or any other qualification. The only small print is about the annual price rise and what calls are included in the tariff.

As I mentioned, they were too busy trying to upsell me to a 5Gig for £10 plan which isn't even listed, so I guess they have old information. Historically I have found the UK Call centres have the current information and can do better deals

2020-06-04 (1).jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In order to get the family plan the first SIM has to be on the Oomph package at £8, subsequent SIM cards have to be priced over £9

BUT...there is a deal to be had

The 10GB of data SIM is usually priced at £10 per month, BUT as you get £2 off each SIM the price drops down to £8

The 36GB of data SIM is currently £13 per month, this would drop to £11 per month with the FP discount taken off.

Not sure how it works without the Oomph pack though.

0 Kudos