Menu
gjenkins
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel and claim refund on service not provided

Hi

I spend most of my time in China but still need to keep a UK number.

I've been paying monthly for several years for 2 SIMS I barely use. Last November, on a trip to Germany, I discovered mobile internet wasn't working and Virgin's help failed to resolve the problem. That caused a lot of trouble getting Ubers and expense paying for WiFi access.

Then, for some unknown reason, Virgin decided to "upgrade" my SIM without my consent or any option to opt-out. They deactivated the SIM leaving me without my UK number.

I had to get a friend to retrieve the SIM from my home in the UK but he found the SIM simply wouldn't work (tried in 3 handsets, waiting 24 hours and calling the help desk but unable to get through).

Virgin have failed to provide the service I am paying for so I want a refund on at least the last month and to cancel my account.

I can't get through when I call and live chat seems no longer seems to work (I did get someone once but he was quite rude suggesting it was my fault for not living in the UK and he kept disappearing for 15mins at a time).

The complaints form is also broken.

Can someone at Virgin please contact me so I can discuss refund for lack of service and to properly cancel my account?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel and claim refund on service not provided

Good Afternoon gjenkins, 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm terribly sorry to see you've been having issues with your Virgin Mobile SIM card.

We can look into the issues for you, but we would have to advise that we have needed to update all of our SIM cards, and have been doing this over the last 2 and half years.

The SIM cards we sent out are now Virgin Media hosted, as oppose to EE hosted - meaning SIM cards inserted into handsets from alternative suppliers may be locked to previous suppliers of the handset.

We would also have to state that as we don't own or have jurisdiction over masts that are not UK based, we cannot take responsibility for all connection issues when travelling abroad, and would advise that we cannot guarantee a service when roaming.

If you check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll sent you a PM to discuss this further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos