Menu
JL81
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to ask for resending a new sim card

Hi, 

I know this has been asked- as the new Sim card was sent to my UK address but due to the Covid I am out of the country and cannot get hold of the Sim card.

My question is, how could I request a new SIM card to be sent?
I tried looking at the website or customer service email but it has been futile.

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to ask for resending a new sim card

SIM Cards can only be sent to a UK address, they can't be sent abroad. Also you need to do the swap when you're in the UK too.

The only option if you're currently abroad is to get a card to be sent to someone you know, they activate it for you and then send it on to your overseas address. You would lose service on your existing SIM once the new one was activated.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
JL81
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenMcr,

Thanks for your help!

I understand now that the Sim card can only be sent and then activated in the UK.

But once I am in the country, how could I contact Virgin Mobile to get them to resend the new Sim card, since I have found no way to get in touch with them?

JL81

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post JL81 and welcome to our community.

If you've found someone in the UK we can send the SIM card to you can request this with the team on 789/0345 600 0789.

Or if you have trouble getting through to them we'll pop you over a private message which you can respond to.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos