Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How much longer do I have to wait?

10 days ago, just like FedUp71, I inserted my nice new sim into my dear old sony ericsson J100i classic phone but a message appeared "subsidy pwd" and my phone's been locked ever since.  As instructed in the covering letter that came with the sim, I sent in the online form with IMEI number.  The website stated I would receive a reply within 72 hrs but I'm still waiting and feeling more and more abandoned.  I phoned customer services but was told either to get a new phone or change networks..........just like that, after being a Virgin customer for 13 yrs.  Can Emma C help me too? I'll keep my fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How much longer do I have to wait?

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums Abandoned73,

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your mobile phone services.

I'll be able to discuss this further with your via our PM service, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm pleased to say that my dear old Sony phone is now unlocked and working again so I would like to thank David Bn and the team for their efforts in resolving this issue.  You have certainly restored my faith in Virgin Mobile and I can now uncross my fingers!

With best wishes, Abandoned73

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pleasure working with you Abandoned73

Happy to see we've been able to restore your faith!

Feel free to come back to our Forums if you have any further issues with your mobile services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could I get the same help please?

im trying to put the new sim into my dads old phone - he’s 87 and a new phone is out of the question for him

its coming up subsidy pwd

thsnks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi VincentOhoh, thanks for the message and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this? What phone does he have and has the issues arouse from the new sim which we have sent? Chris 

0 Kudos