Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How long until you had help ?

How long has it taken between you posting your plea for help and someone from virgin offering you some (or any, looking at the posts)

I've been through the web site, had a 24hr wait yesterday and a 4hr wait today - I had to reinsert my old sim to be able to check who's been calling and to reply and then removed waiting for virgin to contact the new sim.

Been a few hours on the forum, and still no sign of any help, but I have got a new community badge

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long until you had help ?

Hello

The VM forum staff are quite busy and it can take a few days to get to your post, they deal with oldest posts first so it is a matter of waiting, if you can link you post a VIP can have a look and if needed escalate it for you, but still may a day or so to get too it.

The Community forum is not a direct link to VM for a instant reply from VM.

If you are using the text message system can take a few days, with the chat when available has to be left open else it closes the chat.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike,

Virgin have supposedly been planning this sim swap for quite a while,  more than long enough to train up some advisers and get them sorted into a call / online centre.

For me it is just an inconvenience, not having a mobile, but for many vulnerable people it is their life line, and of those many, there will be a lot that don't have internet access, so they have no idea of what is going on, nor how to get help - all the letters and phone messages direct you to here and here just isn'tSam working

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Have you received your replacement SIM ?

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mike, 

Yes, new sim fitted into phone 3 days ago, have filled in the online form with IMEI / make and model of phone (Samsung GT S5830)

Sim wants a "network lock control key"

No codes or keys on letter I got

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi grantowi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the SIM card. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

I been sat here for days, the moment I have to pop out is the moment I get a reply, I have PMed you.

All I need is the "network lock control key"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This set up is a total farce !

You post, then it seems you have to wait hours monitoring the forum in case a Mod decides to PM you, once they have, it seems that is it, you can't contact them again.

No thought has gone into this at all, the online form - which has your email and mobile number on it - says "that not to worry, we WILL contact YOU"

I shall get my number transferred to a company that has some form of customer care, change the company system to another company and get the wife to change the house connection over to sky

I really feel sorry for the old folk and the vulnerable who have no idea what is going on, nor have the means to get help

And I really do hope that this comes back to bite virgin in the butt.

Good luck getting your help folks

Tags (2)