Menu
Bryso
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How do you get a reply???

I'm a long-standing customer, now have six days before disconnection because a replacement sim - that I didn't want but Virgin insist is needed - was sent to an address 14 years out of date.

But I cannot get an email to them, they never answer the phone, the shops are closed and they don't reply to messages on here.

Ignoring a customer paying them money, but won't be in six days, makes no sense.

0 Kudos
Bryso
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No sim, no answer, soon no service

I now seem to be in last-chance saloon.

After having my mobile number for 15 years, I get a text saying service will stop in ten days unless I insert the new sim sent to me.

No sim has been sent to me. I have email, filled out the online form and called - although nobody ever answers, rather ironic for a phone company.

If, as seems inevitable, I am cut off, will Virgin refund the existing credit?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you get a reply???

vm have no email address.
Its your responsibility to keep your address/contact details up to date.

VM are replacing all sim cards as the old ones will stop working since VM have changed the network they use from EE to thee own MVO.

you should call in and update your contact details and get them to send a new sim card out before the old ones gets disabled.
0 Kudos
Bryso
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your attempt to help, it's appreciated. But this was a PAYG phone that never entailed registering my contact details.

Virgin have taken it up themselves to send a sim to an address I left 14 years ago.

Believe me, I and many others on here have tried calling - you stay on hold for over an hour and then get cut off.

It's crazy when you see how many people are struggling with this. I really feel for the elderly people having their lifeline cut off.

Virgin seem to respond to some messages on here and ignore others.

Anyway, a television consumer programme has been in touch and is interested in highlighting this farce.

0 Kudos
Bryso
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Three days until my mobile number of nearly 20 years is disconnected.

Phoning, emailing, texting, online forms.....all meet with no response from Virgin.

Is there anyone out there??

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bryso
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sincere thanks for your help, Mike, but I very much doubt Virgin will seek to solve my very simple problem - I just need the sim sent to my address.

They have been on in recent hours but pick and choose, seemingly randomly, which customers to assist.

It's a complete shambles of a company.

As a last resort, I'm going to try the chief executive -  [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Bryso
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As others have said, attempting to keep a Virgin mobile number active is Kafkaeqsque.

One lucky person got a reply from Virgin staff within an hour this morning!

I've been trying for weeks to get them to send their replacement sim to the correct address, to keep paying them money, but there's no interest.

Does anyone have a recommendation for another mobile provider that it's possible to communicate with?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bryso,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the SIM card issue you're having. What I will do is private message you to look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Ronnierome
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

best of luck getting any help from this shower of ....

0 Kudos