Menu
LesAD
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do i get an unblocking code ?

The new SIM code i was sent does not work and comes up with an error message SIM code invalid .I think i need an unblocking code but trying to speak to a human being seems impossible ie. no Chat facility and using the 789 number is useless unless you have an hour to spare. Is there any  other way that you can get one of these codes? If not does any one know how to get in touch with Virgins complaints department (if they have one) ?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do i get an unblocking code ?

Good Morning LesAD,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been struggling with the new SIM card, and that getting in touch with us has proved to be tricky.

Is this issue still on going or has this now been resolved?

For an unlock code, you would need to speak to the sellers of the handset, can you advise me where the handset was purchased?

If this was purchased via Virgin Media, and was issued with a red SIM card originally, we would be able to generate an unlock code for you, as it may be locked to EE via the fact that the older SIM cards were EE Hosted.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
LesAD
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do i get an unblocking code ?

Thank you for the reply. The phone is a Nokia 1100 and was bought by my daughter for my birthday 17 years ago. She thinks she purchased it from Amazon and it came with a red SIM card I am sorry but i am unable to tell you any more.
0 Kudos