Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I set up call waiting

Can I set up call waiting on my iPhone X another way ?  when I go to phone settings it won’t turn on saying cannot activate call waiting. No help from customer services

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I set up call waiting

hi,

you could try soft restart on iPhone and then to try turning on call waiting.

soft restart:

press up volume 

press down volume

then press and hold the right button till you see black screen and apple logo.

then go to settings, down to green PHONE icon, down to call waiting tap it  and see if you can turn on

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Quite a few people on here have have had problems with call waiting since the new SIM cards came out

If nothing works something has to be done Virgins side. 789 don't know. There are a couple on the forum team that do, but they are probably self isolating as I've not seen them in a while. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply ... when I phoned they said new SIM cards don’t support call waiting but they are working on it ... that was back in October !!! I’m thinking I will have to go elsewhere as really need the facility especially with things as they are at the moment.

0 Kudos
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A quick reset or something like that needs doing at Virgin's end, for some reason Virgin's system will not allow the settings to be changed via your phone (iOS or Android).

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi - it’s very frustrating myself and my husband have been with them since about 1997 and was happy with them until now !! 

0 Kudos