Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a mobile repair form?

Hi the trouble shooter says the phone must be sent back for repair with a 'repair form' filled out. Cannot see how to get this form fro the system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a mobile repair form?

Hi Davehealy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're having some trouble booking your phone in for repair, this ins't good 

Could you expand a little bit on what the issue is with the handset exactly? 

It might be something that we can help with from here 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

The phone has had a cracked screen for some time but is opertional and passes the screen test. I was going to send it for repair knowing this would not be covered by warrenty but lockdwn got in the way.

However, a couple of weeks ago it unexpectedly powered down and is now stuck in boot loop. I have done all the usual things like factory rest, clear cache, reboot, etc. but it still  remains in boot loop. I assume the software now needs reloading.

Tried the virgin online fault finding process which ends up saying the phone needs repair. When I look at how to send it back it says I need a repair form with presumabley instructions on where to send it but doesnt give me a link to get the form.

Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

So you're right, it does need to come in for repair. 

As the screen is cracked it would still be a chargeable repair even though there is other issues as well, we have to send the phone back in full working order. 

If you're happy to go ahead with that then reply to my personal message and I can grab some details and send out a repair pack 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

if it's a Samsung phone you may be able to re flash the firmware by going to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

There are fully detailed instructions along with the Odin package that you'll need. There are usually 2 lots of instructions, the second one is usually easier to follow.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The handset is all booked in for repair now. 

Any issues or the pack doesn't arrive within the next five days let me know 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos