Menu
Caroline13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How can we tell ? Scam ? What’s happened to 789?

Having looked through lots of posts and questions regarding scams  via phone calls, email and text and the cunning used by fraudsters will VM understand if customers don’t respond immediately if there is a problem.  I was thinking a letter would be better but I realise even those can be suspect. I miss the 789 service! It was always a quick and secure way to ask questions and get matters resolved ! 

0 Kudos
LoginNotAvail
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can we tell ? Scam ? What’s happened to 789?

Is 789 dead? When I call it connects but is just silent without any options. Is this something that everyone else knows about but me?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can we tell ? Scam ? What’s happened to 789?

Hi Caroline13, 

Really sorry for any concern regarding scam calls, emails and messages. 

We would only contact you via letter if your Direct Debit has been cancelled, this would advise to get in touch so we can help further. 

We wouldn't contact you over the phone for payments nor would we email asking you to click links to make payments. We also don't contact customers advising your broadband services are going to be cut off, this one seems to happen a lot. 

If you're ever unsure if it's us that has contacted you then all you need to do is hang up or don't respond and contact us directly. You can find our contact methods here here and you can also report any emails you're unsure of which appear as though they're from us to phising@virginmedia.com and find out more here

In regards to 789, this number is still active from a Virgin Mobile number as well as 0345 6000 789. Is there anything we can help with from here @LoginNotAvail

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos