Menu
David231
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Horrible marketing call

Hello everyone, I hope someone who actually works for Virgin reads this, I wouldn't want to think I was offloading this venom to someone who wasn't being paid to catch flak.

Virgin phoned us just now to offer us a good loyalty discount, which of course is fine. The woman who called said she would be sending the same info in an email after the call. But she still insisted on reading out contract details for 15 minutes. We asked her to stop numerous times but she paid no attention. She spoke extremely fast in an accent I found very difficult to understand. By the end of the 15 minutes I'd lost the will to live.

What is the point of this lengthy reading of a script when we're getting an email anyway?  What's the point of the call at all except to alert you to an email arriving that might be of interest? I feel sucked dry by this exchange. It was parasitic and deeply unpleasant. Why do Virgin insist on inflicting this on their customers?

I really wish there was another company that covered our area. Their customer interface couldn't possibly be worse than Virgin's. 

0 Kudos
rcflyer
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrible marketing call

I got fed up with marketing calls, I just hung up on them but they kept coming. The solution was to log into my Virgin Media account online and turn off Marketing Consent in My Preferences. 

0 Kudos
David231
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, but I want to keep getting offers, just never by phone. But that option doesn't seem to exist. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello David231

We can remove you from our dialler if you wish 

It can take up to 28 days though 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello David231

Thanks for passing security 

All details were fine

I have requested for you to be removed from all marketing / Offers barring email

This can take anything up to 28 days to be sorted though

I will apologise in advance if you do receive any more calls 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
David231
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great, thank you Gareth

0 Kudos