cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous signal

Fedup80
Joining in

I've been with Virgin mobile for several months and from the get go my signal has been awful.  If I go from my front room to the back of my house my phone cuts out, I can't get signal in my local town centre even.   I just called 2 people, neither could hear me as my signal was breaking up stood in the middle of a street yet.   It's like it everywhere i go.  Work, the beach.   I live in Blackpool so not some rural area.  Travelling out of town just as bad.   Also my friend hasn't received any texts from me in days yet I'm getting hers.       She's on sky mobile

I do not want another 18 months paying for a phone I can barely use.  I have a child in school so need to be contactable (I don't have a landline) and a Mum who is going through cancer treatment so I need a reliable phone.

The phone came new with my contract.  If it can't be sorted then virgin mobile aren't giving what I'm paying for so I want out of my contract and changing company as it's ridiculous! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Fedup80, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with you mobile signal, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

As this issue is occurring in multiple locations, we would need to run some checks on the SIM itself so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have been with them several months then it is likely you started off getting signal via Vodafone and now O2.

It seems strange that two different networks gave you poor coverage

As Virgin now use O2 for signal check this link for coverage / faults first.

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Fedup80, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with you mobile signal, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

As this issue is occurring in multiple locations, we would need to run some checks on the SIM itself so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Thank you for the link.  It tels me great coverage in my area yet I'm sat at home hovering between 1 and 2 bars on my signal unless I walk to back of house then lucky if stays on at all.  Same when out and about.  Busy high street no signal, go into a shop finally coud make a call.  Pop into shopping centre no signal or 4g again.  Crazy!

cje85
Trouble shooter

Does your friend on Sky Mobile have any signal problems?

They use O2 like Virgin so the signal should be identical.

Although O2 isn't a great network its biggest weakness is slow data, coverage is usually good, so if you're having problems everywhere, that isn't normal.

She doesn't seem to be.  Only issue she's having as my texts to her aren't being delivered.  Showing sent my end but she's not receiving them.  She's had a new sim from sky and my messages still not getting through.   She's in Wales in a big town and I'm in Blackpool so neither of us rural.   My signal is on just 1 bar now.  Ridiculous!    

@enlli wrote:

If you have been with them several months then it is likely you started off getting signal via Vodafone and now O2.

It seems strange that two different networks gave you poor coverage

As Virgin now use O2 for signal check this link for coverage / faults first.

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

I don't believe that has happened yet, to the best of my knowledge VMobile is still on the Vodafone network. There are rumours of them trying to terminate the agreement and swapping to o2, but I don't see that having happened as of yet.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Aaron2 I have it on very good authority that the majority of O2 customer were moved to O2 by the end of August. The only ones outstanding are those, who for one reason or another, need new SIM cards and they have been contacted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks