Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ho do I make contact with a person from customer support via email or online chat

Hello

I understand, I have escalated to the highest level I can, please hang on for the VM staff to get in contact on this  thread.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ho do I make contact with a person from customer support via email or online chat

Well 3 hours of waiting. All my internet allowance for the day used up and no response from any member of the VM team received. Same as making a phone call to the service number being put on hold at 4gbp per minute. I may as well wall out the door and slit my throat than die slowly from starvation. Yes. That's how bad it is. When you trust a company that you can't trust anymore!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

i access all my texts via my laptop - i use an android phone and have an app on the phone and the laptop - i think similar is available for apple but only via an mac OS

you may know all that and it may or may not be of any use - i dont know enough about phones to know how it works - it just does - but may not if your sim is not active

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info but I need a way to connect to contact a live person from VM that can sort this thing out. Am also contacting various press organisations with copies of all the messages I have already sent and seeing if these may be able to in someway help with this situation of not being able to connect to raise a total failure of a communication company that stops people from getting simple communications that are necessary to do simple financial transactions and cause untold harm and distress to people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If you look around this forum you'll see the VM will not help you. You need to forget getting any help from here. You need to contact the banks directly and explain it to them. They will allow you to prove who you are in some other way so that you can get some money (which will undoubtably be a pain in the ****, but at least it will work). In the long run you'll need to buy another phone from wherever you are and register that new number with the banks. If you can convince the banks that you are the account holder and not a fraudster they will use 'emergency procedures' to help you. Do not expect any help from VM, because you won't get any.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulSharkey and very sorry to hear of the complications with your new SIM card.

So when we send a SIM card this needs to be to a UK address, so what we can do if possible is send this to a UK address of someone you know that may be able to then send it to your overseas address? 

Let us know if you'd like to do this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If they had someone in the UK to faff around with your dumb sim card rules that person could send them the money direct to their bank account wherever they are in the world! Here's an idea: why don't VM post the sim card to his country? Answer: can't be **bleep**/it's 'insecure'.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G wrote:

Hi PaulSharkey and very sorry to hear of the complications with your new SIM card.

So when we send a SIM card this needs to be to a UK address, so what we can do if possible is send this to a UK address of someone you know that may be able to then send it to your overseas address? 

Let us know if you'd like to do this.

Thanks, Emily.

with respect @Emily_G have you read the whole thread - the OP states that mail to wherever he/she is can take 3 months to get to them if at all so even if they agree with your solution that then means 3 months that they will be without services 

they have a sim that for reasons known to VM has been switched off can that not be reactivated - yes i know about the sim changeover but reactivating the old sim would at least give the OP access [now] and allow then to look at alternatives

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

This would be as we're a UK network so send these to UK addresses only.

This would be the only option we have for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G wrote:

This would be as we're a UK network so send these to UK addresses only.

This would be the only option we have for you.

Thanks, Emily.

ok i will ask the obvious question - why can the sim the OP has be reactivated for 7/14/28 days to give them chance to access banks in the short term and change things to an alternative provider

VM managed to turn the old one off wherever they are in the world so its not geographical - i have no idea if what i am asking is actually possible - its certainly been said in another thread it is but that was an offshore response so may not be factual

Tony
0 Kudos