Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Ho do I make contact with a person from customer support via email or online chat

My mobile services have been stopped.  I have not received a new sim (my fault as moved abroad and didn't realise I had to update my residence details).  I have an old sim card still in my phone which has worked up to now but not anymore.  All my financial accounts use OTP's sent to the mobile number so I can no longer use these accounts.  Mail here and back to the UK takes between 3months and never to arrive.  I am really stuck and need to speak to a person about this to get it rectified

PLEASE HELP ME

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ho do I make contact with a person from customer support via email or online chat

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ho do I make contact with a person from customer support via email or online chat

Hello

You are going to have a problem if you  are not in the UK, as VM cannot send a SIM outside of the UK even if they could the new SIM would not work as it needs to be activated on the home network in the UK.

The only way around this is for VM to send SIM to friend / family in the UK for them to place in a phone to activate it and then your friend / family can forward SIM to yourself.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

So Virgin Media in one fell swoop stop me accessing my hard earned money. Make it impossible for me to access it in a reasonable time and leave me to starve to death and have no solution that can help me in a reasonable time before that actually happens - Not good
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I cannot trust financial institutes here to hold the amount of money I have without it all going missing into someone else account so rely on being able to trickle money from the UK where I have always paid all my taxes and National insurances to benefit from a reasonable pension and now I am unable to do that as I need a OTP on my registered mobile number to do that and to change that mobile number I need a OTP to my registered mobile number which I now have no access to - how do I continue with no access in a reasonable time which is why I need to speak to a customer service rep as a matter of urgency to maybe access my mobile text messages via an online method
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

So on my road to starvation - which is how it could easily end here, I have gained another worthless badge or whatever it may be for making a reply on here that will do nothing for my situation and Virgin Media with it's millions of pounds or maybe more can not move something that will help a customer for at least 10 years to be able to go to a store here and buy some food for me to survive - A really helpful company
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I understand but I am afraid what you are asking isn't possible from VM there is no way of accessing your text messages on the web, just like most mobile providers I certainly know that with vodaphone there isn't a way to access texts on the web.

If you wait somebody will be along to answer your questions, as I did escalate to the VM forum team this may take a little time.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I know you are a very helpful person and I thank you for what you are trying to do, so please don't confuse my last few replies as any sort of attack on you. They certainly are not! It's just that my situation is a little dire at the moment all because of a company I thought I could trust, turns out to be one that I can't. My stupid!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I never take anything personal getting too old for that. Let me see if I can get this seen to quicker for you give a few moments.

Regards Mike

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Well maybe a suggestion might be for the text messages I need to complete any financial transactions might be able to be forwarded to another number but that other number would be an international one - which appears is impossible for VM by what you implied earlier about not possible to send text messages out of UK if I were to message the help team via text message
0 Kudos