Menu
Jenno
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi i recently bought a S20 fe 5g from you and i dont have a 5g sim yet. Can you tell me when i will get o

I recently bought a S20 fe 5g from you but don't have a 5g sim. When will this be coming and can you also tell me when 5g will launch in Scunthorpe?

Many thanks

Jenno

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hi i recently bought a S20 fe 5g from you and i dont have a 5g sim yet. Can you tell me when i will g

Why do you think you don't have a 5G sim?

They won't know when 5G is coming to an area, the best thing I can suggest is visiting this link https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker?icmp=uk~1_consumer~topnav~quicklinks~4_network_sta...

Then once you've entered your postcode click on 5G tab on the left and then click on planned coverage in the bottom right of map

VM/VF Planned CoverageVM/VF Planned Coverage

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Tags (1)
Jenno
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi i recently bought a S20 fe 5g from you and i dont have a 5g sim yet. Can you tell me when i will g

Hi sorry but queried again, but now I have some answers from you! The reason I have no 5g sim is that when I signed up for the phone 5g was not available. But now its rolling out close by I would like one to replace my 4g sim. As my family live in Hull were its ready installed I would be able to use it while there! So if you can let me know or who I should call!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The sims are 5G ready, don't be fooled by the packaging.

A way to check this is to do a manual network search and see if EE or Vodafone is visible, if EE is visible and Vodafone isn't then Virgin has switched you over to 5G service, if Vodafone is visible but EE isn't then maybe you might need a sim.

However 5G has only just launched on Virgin and the switch to Vodafone's network is what makes it possible, it seems that customers with 5G phones (regardless of them being brought through Virgin or not) have been switched first but Virgin are not rushing the process to avoid potential errors or major problems.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Jenno
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi maybe I've not been clear enough! When I spoke to your sales team the girl told me I had a choice of a new 5g sim or keeping my original 4g sim. She stated as 5g hadn't started being rolled out then she said that it would still work on 4g but the phone number would need to be changed. So I opted to keep my 4g until 5g was readily available. Now its out in Hull, I will be able to try it out! Hence the question of when will vjrgin be sending my new 5g sim!

Cheers!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is absolutely no difference between the 4G SIM cards issued in recent years and so called 5G cards.

What you were told was the usual confusion from a clueless 789 at the time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jenno
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply! I'll try the 5g out when I'm next in Hull!

0 Kudos